News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Great thread. About time we had a thread dedicated to the Ukrainian crisis!

What distinguishes this is it's apt named as "Russian Reunification".   :cool:

mongers

'The War' Is Back On.

Ukranian BTR60s are on the move East.    :gasp:     :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

This thread was rubbish, it deserved to die.

edit:
Ooops  :blush:

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2014, 09:22:56 PM
Languish needs to send troops to Wyoming to protect the rights of ethnic Languishites.  :mad:

Is Languish next to Belarus?

Maybe it's actually Kaliningrad, that would explain more than a few things here.

Norgy

We prefer to call it: Königsberg.

mongers

Al Jazerra are showing Ukrainian APCs, trucks and helicopter preparing.

They're in field nearr the town of Izyum, 30kms from Slavyansk (this maybe wrong as the spelling was different and only on screen for a couple of seconds, could have been another town/city in Donetsk region).

mongers

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 07:20:24 AM
We prefer to call it: Königsberg.

I think Mr Putin has demonstrated the supremacy of that old 9/10th maxim.  <_<

After all Guantanamo's original name was Surbiton.

KRonn

All is going according to Putin's plans. Foment trouble by agents and Russian citizens in Ukrainian cities, get the pot stirred enough so that Ukraine's security forces have to respond. Then Putin feigns anguish over the opening of civil war in Ukraine, so he has to respond to end the bloodshed, become the peace keeper. Russian forces move in and "keep the peace", Russian agents and Russian nationals insist on referendums or other artifice which will give Russia the standing to remain and eventually annex regions. Rinse and repeat for other independent republics of the former USSR.

Tamas

Tamas

So there supposed to be an Ukrainian crackdown but there is no news coverage of it. So I have my doubts.

PDH

Dammit. I have been overrun!  The fascist forces of Languish with the European masters have once again destroyed freedom.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on April 15, 2014, 07:52:19 AM
Dammit. I have been overrun!  The fascist forces of Languish with the European masters have once again destroyed freedom.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: KRonn on April 15, 2014, 07:29:34 AM
All is going according to Putin's plans. Foment trouble by agents and Russian citizens in Ukrainian cities, get the pot stirred enough so that Ukraine's security forces have to respond. Then Putin feigns anguish over the opening of civil war in Ukraine, so he has to respond to end the bloodshed, become the peace keeper. Russian forces move in and "keep the peace", Russian agents and Russian nationals insist on referendums or other artifice which will give Russia the standing to remain and eventually annex regions. Rinse and repeat for other independent republics of the former USSR.
Freedom isn't free.  If you want to independent in that neighborhood, you have to pay the price (which is annexation by Russia).

DGuller

I'm glad that "War in the east" title wasn't picked at the winner.  Threads shouldn't have a title that will become dated in a week.

Neil

Civilians were sending me letters asking for me to intervene and protect them with the justice of Neilism.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.