News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

:glare:

Ok, at least I have contributed to the restoration of order after Mongers' terrorist actions.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2014, 07:57:08 AM
I'm glad that "War in the east" title wasn't picked at the winner.  Threads shouldn't have a title that will become dated in a week.

It's not too late yet.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

The mayor of Slavyansk has announced she's been a secret agent for Kiev:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Time hasn't been kind to Gary Glitter. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2014, 07:57:38 AM
Civilians were sending me letters asking for me to intervene and protect them with the justice of Neilism.
Good, we need a firm ruler to guide us.  :)

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2014, 08:07:48 AM

Was that a confession or a gotcha? :unsure:

mongers

Mighty war wagons at the ready:

Playing into Mr Putin's hands?

I caught 5 minutes of RT and they're certainly bigging up this 'offensive'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2014, 08:07:48 AM

I don't get this. A mayor admitted to being on the side of the legal government? What is the exact news value on this?

DGuller

I think at this point "Playing into Putin's hands" phrase should be put to rest.  If an aggressive neighbor demands that your government cease functioning or there will be intervention, and your government continues to function, that is not playing into his hands.  That's just your neighbor essentially declaring war on you back when he first made the demand.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2014, 08:21:33 AM
I think at this point "Playing into Putin's hands" phrase should be put to rest.  If an aggressive neighbor demands that your government cease functioning or there will be intervention, and your government continues to function, that is not playing into his hands.  That's just your neighbor essentially declaring war on you back when he first made the demand.

Yeah I agree. Having armed men depose your local governing bodies and installing their own is basically an invasion and if a government cannot at least attempt to stop that, it ceased to exist.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2014, 08:21:33 AM

:rolleyes:  That's precisely what Putin would want you to say.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2014, 07:24:45 AM
After all Guantanamo's original name was Surbiton.

:hmm:  I thought it was Hounslow.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Warspite

I wish Ukrainians every success in defeating the secessionist and annexationist forces. However, sometimes the long game can pay off too:

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."