News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Drone video shows Russians soldiers in Crimea Armyansk published by Ukraine's Border Guard Service :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTVfznp9Klw

MadImmortalMan

I think we're past having to prove those are Russian troops at this point.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 09, 2014, 07:33:49 PM

Yeah, the only people who honestly believe they aren't Russian troops are Russians.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2014, 07:44:08 PM

Yeah, the only people who honestly believe they aren't Russian troops are Russians.
Do even they believe that?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 09, 2014, 09:37:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2014, 07:44:08 PM

Do even they believe that?

When a person both denies russian soliders are in the crimea all the while claiming that russians should get to annex crimea they are doing their best to ignore their cognitive dissonance.

It's like the Iranians that claim both that Iran has a right to build nuclear weapons justifying it's obvious weapons program all the while asserting that Iran isn't going to get nuclear weapons.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2014, 09:15:20 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2014, 09:13:53 AM
Looks like ethnic Russians are gearing up for another game of "Kick the Tatar".

http://www.interpretermag.com/ukraine-liveblog-day-21-a-crackdown-on-crimean-tatars/

Don't be saucy.
They'd better think of the children and not touch the Tater tots.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

German satirical page: "Separatists from Chechnya, Ingushetia and Dagestan call the Crimean referendum 'the best idea Putin ever had' and announce that they will also hold referendums about their nationality on March 16th. The Russian population in these areas is between 0.8 and 3.6%."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2014, 11:31:50 AM
German satirical page: "Separatists from Chechnya, Ingushetia and Dagestan call the Crimean referendum 'the best idea Putin ever had' and announce that they will also hold referendums about their nationality on March 16th. The Russian population in these areas is between 0.8 and 3.6%."

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Sounds like "Crimean self-defense" troops are moving in on some of the holdout Ukrainian bases in Crimea.  Apparently some shots have been fired but I haven't heard any reports of casualties, which loudly would have been reported by one side or the other.

Beenherebefore

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2014, 11:31:50 AM

Good one.  :)

It's like Russia running to the UN Security Council every time they see their interests being threatened.
Now all of a sudden a referendum is a great idea.

In any case, I believe there is a silver lining; more export brides for us.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2014, 01:24:27 PM
Sounds like "Crimean self-defense" troops are moving in on some of the holdout Ukrainian bases in Crimea.  Apparently some shots have been fired but I haven't heard any reports of casualties, which loudly would have been reported by one side or the other.

Warning shots have already been fired and caught on tape.

Beenherebefore

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 10, 2014, 01:33:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2014, 01:24:27 PM

Warning shots have already been fired and caught on tape.

If the observers are from the EU, it is caught on red tape. True story.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 10, 2014, 01:36:50 PM
If the observers are from the EU, it is caught on red tape. True story.

What's your story?