News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 21, 2013, 10:02:10 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2013, 09:52:13 PM
Good luck with that banning thing.

Must be a Slav thing.

Or a Northeastern thing. Look at his pal Bloomburg.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

What is Fox News on about? Some emails about the rollout. Havent had a chance to look.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on November 22, 2013, 02:11:46 AM
What is Fox News on about? Some emails about the rollout. Havent had a chance to look.

Who cares? They are always off about nearly everything.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

QuoteObama Pushes Back 2015 Health Care Enrollment

(Newser) – The Obama administration plans to push back the start of next year's ObamaCare enrollment period by a month, from Oct. 15, 2014 to Nov. 15—which would just happen to push it to after the midterm elections, Bloomberg reports. The idea, ostensibly, is to give insurers more time to evaluate the effects of the government-run exchanges, in the hope that doing so will prevent prices from spiking. Right now, the technical stink around the law has prevented it from attracting the kind of desirable enrollees who'll keep rates down.

Most of those young, healthy buyers, will probably start showing up in March—which is when the mandate deadline kicks in, and the uninsured will have to pay a fine, says one MIT economist who helped design the law. The administration wants to give insurers as much time as possible to absorb the impact of that influx, worrying that otherwise rates will spike in the program's second year. "It's in the nation's interest they get time to make those decisions," the economist says.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

derspiess

Berkut

I thought it was the fact that he was a Democrat?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

So?  My grandfather was a Democrat. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2013, 09:55:08 AM
So?  My grandfather was a Democrat.

:lol:

Or in 2012 dollars, he was a republican.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 27, 2013, 10:14:53 AM

Oh, he was more conservative than me on everything but the subject of labor unions.  And he was stuck in the early 1900s concept of unions at that.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2013, 10:41:35 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 27, 2013, 10:14:53 AM

Oh, he was more conservative than me on everything but the subject of labor unions.  And he was stuck in the early 1900s concept of unions at that.

That just tells me you are an evil, evil man.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

That I'm less conservative than my grandfather who was a Democrat?