News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Ed Anger

That is how my Maxide pills look after breaking them in half.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

QuoteI would say very much yes to the New Deal.  Didn't FDR slaughter Adlai 3 times? Pretty much yes to Civil Rights.  Only objectors were southern Democrats.

Not sure what you mean by Reagonomics.

See, I have no idea what you are on about with FDR slaughtering Adlai 3 times.  "Only objectors were southern Democrats." is false and easily demonstrated to be so.  I can point to lots of people who were not southern Democrats and were against civil rights.  For instance, the John Birch society was against desegregation (they saw it as a communist plot.) As was William F. Buckley.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

In fairness it's probably easier to list things the John Birchers didn't think were communist plots.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 21, 2013, 07:31:59 PM
In fairness it's probably easier to list things the John Birchers didn't think were communist plots.

Well they are still around.  In fact they were a cosponsor of CPAC the big conservative get together recently.  You'd think they would gone away when the Soviet Union collapsed, but no they are still around.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 21, 2013, 07:26:00 PM
See, I have no idea what you are on about with FDR slaughtering Adlai 3 times.  "Only objectors were southern Democrats." is false and easily demonstrated to be so.  I can point to lots of people who were not southern Democrats and were against civil rights.  For instance, the John Birch society was against desegregation (they saw it as a communist plot.) As was William F. Buckley.

You win Raz.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2013, 08:29:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 21, 2013, 07:26:00 PM

You win Raz.

Clearly not, since you continue to make such statements.

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on November 21, 2013, 07:36:36 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 21, 2013, 07:31:59 PM

Well they are still around.  In fact they were a cosponsor of CPAC the big conservative get together recently.

Yes, I'm sure they scraped together $10 to put in the donation can.
and the horse you rode in on

DGuller

I want to amend the list of smileys banned for certain posters, for their own good:

derspiess:   :lol:
Admiral Yi:   :face:

Admiral Yi

Good luck with that banning thing.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!