News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

KRonn

This new health scare plan just gets better and better....    :ph34r:

citizen k

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 13, 2013, 11:13:26 AMCompromises were made with the healthcare industry.  Imagine that.

Compromises? The ACA was written for the healthcare industry.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

For Natural Allies of Affordable Care Act, a Rude Surprise

'Many in New York’s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.
It is not lost on many of the professionals that they are exactly the sort of people – liberal, concerned with social justice – who supported the Obama health plan in the first place. Ms. Meinwald, the lawyer, said she was a lifelong Democrat who still supported better health care for all, but had she known what was in store for her, she would have voted for Mitt Romney.

It is an uncomfortable position for many members of the creative classes to be in. “We are the Obama people,” said Camille Sweeney, a New York writer and member of the Authors Guild. Her insurance is being canceled, and she is dismayed that neither her pediatrician nor her general practitioner appears to be on the exchange plans. What to do has become a hot topic on Facebook and at dinner parties frequented by her fellow writers and artists.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/nyregion/with-affordable-care-act-canceled-policies-for-new-york-professionals.html

garbon

Oh noes! You can't just have the gravy train without feeling a pinch?

11B4V

Sebelius Calls for HealthCare.gov Investigation
She thinks HHS needs to improve how it handles contracts

(Newser) – Many in Washington are calling for an investigation into HealthCare.gov's disastrous debut—and now, that includes the woman who was in charge of it. In a blog post today, Kathleen Sebelius announced that she has asked Health and Human Services' inspector general to look into the website's development, including issues related to how the contract was awarded, and how the program was managed. "The launch of HealthCare.gov was flawed and simply unacceptable," she wrote. "I strongly believe in the need for accountability."

Sebelius also announced the establishment of a new Chief Risk Officer position for Medicare and Medicaid. The announcement comes as Sebelius gets ready for another grilling before the House Energy and Commerce Committee today, the AP points out, adding that the "unusual" announcement "indicates that she realizes she has some explaining to do." But committee Republicans plan to focus less on the website, and more on the underlying program, the Washington Post reports.

http://www.newser.com/story/179015/sebelius-calls-for-healthcaregov-investigation.html
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Not necessarily those particular pajamas.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Uninsured Disapprove Health Care Law

'Americans who lack coverage disapprove of the health law at roughly the same rate as the insured, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/us/uninsured-americans-are-about-as-skeptical-of-health-care-law-as-the-insured-poll-finds.html

KRonn

Lol, is it true that Harry Reid, Senate Majority leader, is getting a subsidy on his health insurance from the ACA?    :huh:  I heard that reported, heard him asked if he would take the subsidy and he said yes. If he qualifies with his wealth and paycheck, then the rest of us should all get huge subsidies. 

Admiral Yi

derspiess

From what I heard, the subsidy was defined as an "employer contribution".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall