News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

CountDeMoney

I don't know if it's monthly, doesn't have a date on it other than my birth year.  Laminated that bitch with my niece's Fisher-Price laminating machine, though.

Ed Anger

Ohio, for some reason, sends its Medicaid peeps a paper card each month. Seems like a waste of postage.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Probably to make sure they always have one, since it's probably a right bitch to try to get a replacement.

I really want a WIC card, but alas.  :mad:  ALL THAT DISCOUNTED MILK

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

CountDeMoney

First thing I'm going to do with it, I'm going to get me some methadone down at the clinic.  First round's on derfetus.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2014, 08:41:40 PM
First thing I'm going to do with it, I'm going to get me some methadone down at the clinic.  First round's on derfetus.

See you there, bruzz.

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Oooh, it still comes in cherry!

Phillip V

Public Sector Cuts Part-Time Shifts to Duck Insurance Law

'Cities, counties, public schools and community colleges around the country have limited or reduced the work hours of part-time employees to avoid having to provide them with health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
Among those whose hours have been restricted in recent months are police dispatchers, prison guards, substitute teachers, bus drivers, athletic coaches, school custodians, cafeteria workers and part-time professors.

Mark D. Benigni, the superintendent of schools in Meriden, Connecticut, and a board member of the American Association of School Administrators, said in an interview that the new health care law was having “unintended consequences for school systems across the nation.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/us/public-sector-cuts-part-time-shifts-to-duck-insurance-law.html

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

The Lyndon LaRouche fanboys are on campus today with ObamaHitler signs calling on us to impeach him.  Man how come everybody we elect turns out to be Hitler?  We are on a bad streak.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Phillip V on February 20, 2014, 05:32:59 PM
Public Sector Cuts Part-Time Shifts to Duck Insurance Law

'Cities, counties, public schools and community colleges around the country have limited or reduced the work hours of part-time employees to avoid having to provide them with health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
Among those whose hours have been restricted in recent months are police dispatchers, prison guards, substitute teachers, bus drivers, athletic coaches, school custodians, cafeteria workers and part-time professors.

Mark D. Benigni, the superintendent of schools in Meriden, Connecticut, and a board member of the American Association of School Administrators, said in an interview that the new health care law was having "unintended consequences for school systems across the nation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/us/public-sector-cuts-part-time-shifts-to-duck-insurance-law.html

Damn those greedy corporations and their share-- oh, wait...

CountDeMoney

Quote"Are we supposed to lay off full-time teachers so that we can provide insurance coverage to part-time employees?" Mr. Benigni asked.

It's a child, not a choice. 

citizen k

Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2014, 05:53:44 PM
  Man how come everybody we elect turns out to be Hitler?  We are on a bad streak.

Isn't that always the ultimate results of "democracy"?

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2014, 05:53:44 PM
The Lyndon LaRouche fanboys are on campus today with ObamaHitler signs calling on us to impeach him.  Man how come everybody we elect turns out to be Hitler?  We are on a bad streak.

And we still haven't gotten lebensraum; our Hitlers are just cheap imposters.   :(

There was a gun show a couple weeks ago at the civic center here.  As usual it was packed and as usual there were political fanatics in the parking lot.  This time they had "Impeach Obama! Stop World War III!" placards.  I'm still puzzled as to how making Biden president would make World War III less likely.  He seems like he'd be willing to use nukes to keep kids off his lawn, given the opportunity.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock