News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How many moving violations have you gotten?

Started by Razgovory, September 23, 2013, 09:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I'm glad I could serve a socially useful function, you jerk.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ideologue on September 24, 2013, 08:20:52 PM
I'm glad I could serve a socially useful function, you jerk.

:hug: Just like I serve a socially useful function in being the village idiot. :P
Experience bij!

Phillip V

Went to court today, plead not guilty to reckless driving, and questioned the officer's vision.

Judge reduced charge to non-moving violation of "defective equipment". My record remains clean with no points. :)

Malthus

I've never been stopped. Which is odd, as I speed all the time.  :hmm:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on September 25, 2013, 02:35:39 PM
Same.  I figure cops see my car and go "That dude is too important for us to mess with." :smoke:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on September 25, 2013, 02:37:18 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 25, 2013, 02:35:39 PM
Same.  I figure cops see my car and go "That dude is too important for us to mess with." :smoke:

I was always surprised how contractor vehicles seem invisible to cops.  I flew past many, many cops in my old company truck and was never pulled over.

MadImmortalMan

People who drive for a living can get their lives messed up if they get violations. Maybe the cops were trying not to be dicks. Unlikely, but you never know.

OTOH, those commercial tickets are big $$, and I see 18-wheelers pulled over on the freeway all the time.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Bet they don't pull over Los Pollos Hermanos trucks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 25, 2013, 05:49:31 PM
OTOH, those commercial tickets are big $$, and I see 18-wheelers pulled over on the freeway all the time.

They're usually pulled over for inspection, which doesn't always result in a citation.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

For interstate transportation, yeah, they're supposed to hit the weigh stations but some routes require mobile inspections, like those that lead to tunnels and bridges.

garbon

When are weigh stations generally open? Very rarely have I ever seen one that was not closed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

They have fruity hours at all of them, but they have to stop at them when they're open if they're pulling 10 tons or more, though.  If they're closed, no biggie.  Once in a while you'll see one open in the middle of the night. 

PDH

The I-25 one on the Wyoming Colorado border (boarder?) is open all the time.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

What's the whole "point" thing that you guys are talking about? :unsure:

I don't think we have that system here.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...