News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How many moving violations have you gotten?

Started by Razgovory, September 23, 2013, 09:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on September 24, 2013, 08:28:32 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 24, 2013, 06:14:19 AM
None. But I only drove as a habit for a year and very rarely since. Hope I'm never in a position where I have to take it up full time.
:huh:

This is the guy who complains that modern towns don't have everything located within a few blocks of each other.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I actually like to drive.  Not only is it fun, but then you aren't forced to share a vehicle with smelly/crazy people. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 24, 2013, 08:39:45 AM
I actually like to drive.  Not only is it fun, but then you aren't forced to share a vehicle with smelly/crazy people. :)

Ugh, public transportation.  :yucky:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2013, 08:41:50 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 24, 2013, 08:39:45 AM

Ugh, public transportation.  :yucky:

Indeed.  :jaron: :berkut:
PDH!

Grey Fox

It's not the other people, it's the wait times!

Next bus in 55 minutes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

I only got two speeding tickets in my life, for doing 130 something Km/h in a 120 Km/h part of the highway. It was in the same spot a few months apart, caught on camera. I got the fine in the mail a few days after the fact, 100 € fines that came down to 70 € for early payment. I also got pulled over once while driving a rental which I didn't really got the hang of and the road patrol thought I might be tipsy but I blew a 0.0 (the only time I've had to take a breather test).

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

When I was in Ireland I went to some little town during a bank holiday.  The town was packed and I was not used to driving on the left side.  I sideswiped a parked car.  I had to march myself to the police station and wait half an hour for the Gardaí to come and issue me a ticket.   :Embarrass:

When I was seventeen I was driving back from work.  The police pulled me over and said that I had run a stop sign.  They let me go without even a warning.  I later found out that someone had robbed my place of employment (a Meijer, sort of northern Wal-Mart) and his getaway car left without him; so the police were pulling over every young male in the vicinity.

I've probably gotten half a dozen or so speeding tickets over the years; nothing in the past decade, though.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

KRonn

I've gotten one or two in my 200 years of driving. I kind of remember one many years ago, so that may have been the only one.

Jacob

No moving violations for me, but I've gotten towed twice as I figured out where the limits where while looking for free parking around my current place of work.

More datapoints for Raz's spreadsheets.

crazy canuck

When I first started driving I was ticketed a lot but I havent been ticketed since about 1986.

Iormlund

None. Zero parking tickets as well.

I've never been stopped either. I don't drive weekend nights and for some reason they always wave me through counter-terrorism checkpoints.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Iormlund on September 24, 2013, 01:41:13 PM
I don't drive weekend nights and for some reason they always wave me through counter-terrorism checkpoints.

I almost always get stopped for some kind of search at airports.  I think it is because they want to assure people they are not profiling.

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 23, 2013, 10:04:08 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2013, 10:00:02 PM
None.
Pulled over once for doing 43 in 35, they had me do the whole sobriety test as it was 5am.

Don't do the FSTs!

Isn't that, like, terrible advice?  UP here failing to comply with a demand carries the same penalty as being impaired would.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.