The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

It doesn't even have anything to do with bureaucracy, as is commonly understood.

But if you're compelled, "bureaucalypse."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Given all the gun enthusiasts in the Tea Party, their marksmanship lacks ambition, maybe they're shooting their own country in the foot, so as to avoid active duty?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on October 01, 2013, 07:56:17 AM
Given all the gun enthusiasts in the Tea Party, their marksmanship lacks ambition, maybe they're shooting their own country in the foot, so as to avoid active duty?

Maybe you should take a mid-day nap. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2013, 08:59:24 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 30, 2013, 04:51:57 PM
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

Good 'ol 5 o'clock Charlie.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2013, 07:06:26 AM
I would like to congratulate the United States of America on looking like complete and utter idiots.

:yawn:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 01, 2013, 08:10:10 AM
I would like to congratulate the United States of America on looking like complete and utter idiots.

:yawn:

Why are you yawning, you get what you want: 19,000 kids kicked out of Headstart today.  A lot of them are even black, so there's your double bonus, derweiss.

lustindarkness

Still here, drinking coffee and posting on languish. So I guess the world has not ended... yet. :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Oh noes, Headstart-- the program that ultimately provides no lasting benefit.

From his FB posts it seems that my cousin who works for NASA is pretty pissy about being off today.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

And I'd like to congratulate you on thus finally getting some company. :thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 01, 2013, 08:02:02 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2013, 08:59:24 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 30, 2013, 04:51:57 PM
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

Good 'ol 5 o'clock Charlie.  :)
Oh my God, they've got a madman on their hands.
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 01, 2013, 08:28:05 AM
Oh noes, Headstart-- the program that ultimately provides no lasting benefit.

From his FB posts it seems that my cousin who works for NASA is pretty pissy about being off today.

I did hear that some veterans benefits my get disrupted.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

JacobL

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 01, 2013, 08:26:50 AM
Still here, drinking coffee and posting on languish. So I guess the world has not ended... yet. :unsure:
Maybe it has ended and this is your afterlife? :ph34r:

lustindarkness

Quote from: JacobL on October 01, 2013, 08:47:57 AM

:blink:  :unsure: :cry:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

fhdz

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 01, 2013, 08:59:21 AM
Quote from: JacobL on October 01, 2013, 08:47:57 AM

:blink:  :unsure: :cry:

Hell is Languish.
and the horse you rode in on