Massive use of chemical weapons in Syria, 1,429 killed including 426 children

Started by jimmy olsen, August 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

If the US doesn't invade Syria now people might think that the Iraq invasion wasn't about WMDs.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 31, 2013, 02:39:35 PM
Is this a non-binding "sense of the Senate" vote, or formal WPA authorization?

This would be for the Congressional blessing of non-binding "harumphs", from what I've read today;  WPA would kick in after the shooting starts.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2013, 01:52:51 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2013, 11:40:57 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2013, 05:21:06 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2013, 01:13:55 AM
Quote from: Grallon on August 30, 2013, 08:01:35 PM
So my American friends - are you ready for yet another round in the the middle-eastern quagmire?  Obama should detonate a nuke high above Damascus - as a warning.

G.

He will do nothing.

I bet the admit the Obama administration will take some form of military action.  You wanna take that bet.

Has to be direct action. What you want to bet?

Obama is all bluster and his own party wont back him.

Define "direct action"

or in other words "Overt".
i.e.
airstrike or any air to ground strike. manned or unmanned
tomahawk or other surface to surface missle strike
combat troops on the ground

Does not include SF type raids.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2013, 12:00:38 PM
11Bravo takes his lead straight out of Teabagger Central Casting.

I sorry. You know, deep down, he is just going to puss out. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2013, 05:07:57 PM
So my American friends - are you ready for yet another round in the the middle-eastern quagmire?  Obama should detonate a nuke high above Damascus - as a warning.

G.

He will do nothing.

I bet the admit the Obama administration will take some form of military action.  You wanna take that bet.

Define "direct action"

i.e.

What if they make a big deal out of SF raids?  Well that's fairly unlikely,  I'll put down 20 bucks.  I don't know how I'll pay you.  I think Yi knows how to shift money from individuals on the net.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2013, 05:09:20 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2013, 12:00:38 PM
11Bravo takes his lead straight out of Teabagger Central Casting.

I sorry. You know, deep down, he is just going to puss out.

Actually I hope he does.  The Syrians aren't worth the bombs we drop on them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2013, 05:50:25 PM
I think Yi knows how to shift money from individuals on the net.

Sure.  You go online, ask someone for their address, and mail them a check.

11B4V

G.

He will do nothing.

Define "direct action"

i.e.

What if they make a big deal out of SF raids?  Well that's fairly unlikely,  I'll put down 20 bucks.  I don't know how I'll pay you.  I think Yi knows how to shift money from individuals on the net.
Time Frame. week, month. I would suggest not over a month.

Deal?
Languish still take donations?

11B4V

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2013, 06:52:37 PM

G.

He will do nothing.

Define "direct action"

i.e.

Deal?

Yeah, a month sounds good.  Overt military action in the month of September.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2013, 08:16:44 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2013, 06:52:37 PM

G.

He will do nothing.

Define "direct action"

i.e.

Deal?

Yeah, a month sounds good.  Overt military action in the month of September.

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: