Massive use of chemical weapons in Syria, 1,429 killed including 426 children

Started by jimmy olsen, August 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 01, 2013, 10:31:58 PM
MCain never got over the treachery of 2000, and went a lil' mental.

Yeah, that push polling thing was shitty.  It's not like he was the only one who went a bit crazy after that election though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

McCain '08 was a substantially different candidate than he was in 2000, as was Dole '96 from Dole '88.  Running in the middle doesn't work?  Tack hard to the right. 
Even Democrats learn to tack to the right, like Gore 2000, who was much more conservative than his platform in '88, and even the '92 primaries.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

That was just an aberration. Sorta like Tipper and hating the music I listened to in junior high school.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on September 01, 2013, 09:40:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2013, 03:47:20 PM
:lol:

The idea that Viking was ever on the side of a party whose supporters are largely religious strikes me as funny.

I am a classical liberal. McCain was the best man for a classical liberal. He is also a honourable, decent and capable man who identified the agents of intolerance and actively opposed them. He was specifically and explicitly against the "largely religious" nutjobs that have no taken over the party and turned it into a joke. By picking her he shamed himself and compromised his own values.

+1
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 01, 2013, 10:49:16 PM
McCain '08 was a substantially different candidate than he was in 2000, as was Dole '96 from Dole '88.  Running in the middle doesn't work?  Tack hard to the right. 
Even Democrats learn to tack to the right, like Gore 2000, who was much more conservative than his platform in '88, and even the '92 primaries.

Yeah, I know.  I liked McCain in 2000.  Campaign finance is one my pet issues.  The constant fund raising is a fucking pain.  If I had my way, we'd do it like the Brits and have the government do it for the short period before the election.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Viking on September 01, 2013, 09:40:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2013, 03:47:20 PM
:lol:

The idea that Viking was ever on the side of a party whose supporters are largely religious strikes me as funny.
I am a classical liberal. McCain was the best man for a classical liberal. He is also a honourable, decent and capable man who identified the agents of intolerance and actively opposed them. He was specifically and explicitly against the "largely religious" nutjobs that have no taken over the party and turned it into a joke. By picking her he shamed himself and compromised his own values.
He believes in a god.  You are utterly incapable of liking him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Well, now I'm conflicted.  I don't want the US to get involved as I don't see much good coming from it, on the other hand, I get 20 bucks if they do.  This must be how Republicans feel when their "feel good" tax cuts create massive deficits.

Tonitrus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 02, 2013, 06:34:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 01, 2013, 10:31:58 PM
MCain never got over the treachery of 2000, and went a lil' mental.

Went?  :lol:

He was fine until he ran into the Bush Smear Machine(tm).  Just ask Bob Dole.

Ed Anger

From a Brit paper that wants me to pay:

QuoteBritish military chiefs are being ejected from US meetings about Syria in the first direct consequence of David Cameron's refusal to join military action.
The role of senior British officers based at US Central Command in Tampa, Florida, has been downgraded because they cannot be trusted with high-level intelligence about a conflict with which they are no longer involved, military sources say.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

:lol: LOL, fucking awesome.

It's need-to-know information, and you don't need to know.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

What's more, they've changed the continental breakfast spread to croissants.   :frog: