Massive use of chemical weapons in Syria, 1,429 killed including 426 children

Started by jimmy olsen, August 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I like the idea, but the execution suffers from lack of subtlety, as is typical of The Onion.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2013, 12:16:25 PM
I like the idea, but the execution suffers from lack of subtlety, as is typical of The Onion.

Yeah-- like a lot of their originally humorous concepts, it goes on a bit long.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

They should have gone in the opposite direction. Rather than spoofing people comparing Syria to Iraq, they should have spoofed people saying it wasn't the same at all.

The first time I started reading it, I didn't pick up on the spoof. It just seemed random and obscure.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

McCain seems to have taken a page out of the Ed Miliband playbook.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Still not an Ed 'millipede' Millibrand yet. More like an old mangy dog not allowed to maul the children down the street.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2013, 01:13:24 PM
Still not an Ed 'millipede' Millibrand yet. More like an old mangy dog not allowed to maul the children down the street.

Well that / he doesn't want this to just be a token effort.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Tonitrus

Jacob