Massive use of chemical weapons in Syria, 1,429 killed including 426 children

Started by jimmy olsen, August 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'm not a fan of televised court cases. OJ burned me completely out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Caught an Austrian tabloid page today: "Is a World War looming?"

http://www.oe24.at/welt/Syrien-Droht-neuer-Weltkrieg/114206899

(The article doesn't discuss the question, though.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2013, 08:47:03 AM
Yeah, I know...but instead of a weekend war with the same rote coverage, what we need is a nice, long televised criminal case in some stupid state somewhere.

Derspiess, garbon's got a bottle of Evian and some Mentos.  Go shoot him.

I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday all weekend, so I won't be in the mood to shoot anyone. 

LOL though at the Evian & Mentos.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2013, 08:49:12 AM
Caught an Austrian tabloid page today: "Is a World War looming?"

http://www.oe24.at/welt/Syrien-Droht-neuer-Weltkrieg/114206899

(The article doesn't discuss the question, though.)

Now if someone would replace Obama's head with a cat's in that cheesy picture.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Legbiter on August 28, 2013, 07:20:09 AM
Regime infrastructure gets 60-100 tomahawks from the US destroyers, the UK throws in 10 via a sub, the French....3 mirages patrol over the naval taskforce.  ;)

Syt and Zanza, the entire French military is away; this is your chance for Alsace and Lorraine!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

So our World Wars would be fought for Serbia, Poland, and Syria?  How embarrasing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: alfred russel on August 28, 2013, 08:52:50 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on August 28, 2013, 07:20:09 AM
Regime infrastructure gets 60-100 tomahawks from the US destroyers, the UK throws in 10 via a sub, the French....3 mirages patrol over the naval taskforce.  ;)

Syt and Zanza, the entire French military is away; this is your chance for Alsace and Lorraine!

Quiche is overrated!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2013, 08:49:23 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2013, 08:47:03 AM
Yeah, I know...but instead of a weekend war with the same rote coverage, what we need is a nice, long televised criminal case in some stupid state somewhere.

Derspiess, garbon's got a bottle of Evian and some Mentos.  Go shoot him.

I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday all weekend, so I won't be in the mood to shoot anyone. 

LOL though at the Evian & Mentos.

Happy 40th speiss.  :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Happy 40th.  Happy Warranty Expired.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2013, 09:44:08 AM

Happy 40th.  Happy Warranty Expired.

Ain't that the truth. :mybackandkneeshurt:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

So if this report about the chemical weapons unit commander carrying out the strike without authorization from his superior/Syrian defence ministry is true what might have been the cause ? 

A fuck-up, intentional decision by commander to up the ante, perhaps he was bribed to do it ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"