Massive use of chemical weapons in Syria, 1,429 killed including 426 children

Started by jimmy olsen, August 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

We shouldn't assume that there is rational decision making going on. For example, Saddam Hussein stonewalled UN weapons inspectors time and time again when that was being used to justify the build up to an invasion.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Bluebook on August 27, 2013, 01:14:26 PM
And taking that position of yours and applying it to a hypothetical holocaust-type scenario, where does that leave you?

Where does it leave your country?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Bluebook

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2013, 02:35:02 PM
Quote from: Bluebook on August 27, 2013, 01:14:26 PM
And taking that position of yours and applying it to a hypothetical holocaust-type scenario, where does that leave you?

Where does it leave your country?

You dont think that is a bit irrelevant? We are talking about personal opinions here and now, you bring up something that is not about personal opinions and is from the past century.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Bluebook on August 27, 2013, 03:23:08 PM
You dont think that is a bit irrelevant? We are talking about personal opinions here and now, you bring up something that is not about personal opinions and is from the past century.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I wasn't asking about the past. 

You suggested a moral imperative to act in Syria, similar to the moral imperative of the Holocaust.  Do you believe the same moral imperative applies to Sweden?  Should Sweden do something in Syria to show that use of chemical weapons will not be tolerated?  If so, what?

derspiess

I'd actually be okay with Sweden invading.  They can join the French aboard our transport. 

Anyone else want to go?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2013, 01:40:19 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 27, 2013, 01:17:58 PM
I think derspiess' complaint is that it's not a Republican enforcing that global ban.

:rolleyes:

Jake is wrong of course.  The prospect of another Benghazi makes Derspeiss's mouth water.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess