Bradley Manning acquitted of aiding enemy but convicted on other charges

Started by jimmy olsen, July 30, 2013, 06:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2015, 02:39:46 PM
I'm always polite.  Politeness costs nothing.
:huh: I was under impression that you need a gun to be polite.  Guns cost money.

garbon

False. It costs a hell of a lot when dealing with people who are insulting you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

why are prison officials forcing a (especially well known) prisoner to cut her hair? if it's a disciplinary method the prison employs against other women, and manning has been an ass, then OK. otherwise.. seems like a legit concern.

(edit) unless federal prisons aren't required to treat transsexuals any differently than their birth gender. then it's more about changing laws than anything this prison did. that's actually probably the case.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 09, 2015, 02:50:59 PM

False. It costs a hell of a lot when dealing with people who are insulting you.

In what?  Seashells?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: LaCroix on November 09, 2015, 03:18:35 PM
why are prison officials forcing a (especially well known) prisoner to cut her hair? if it's a disciplinary method the prison employs against other women, and manning has been an ass, then OK. otherwise.. seems like a legit concern.

(edit) unless federal prisons aren't required to treat transsexuals any differently than their birth gender. then it's more about changing laws than anything this prison did. that's actually probably the case.

Did s/he hook up with the Boche?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

QuoteManning, who began receiving hormone therapy at taxpayer expense earlier this year

:blink:

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2015, 04:30:16 PM
QuoteManning, who began receiving hormone therapy at taxpayer expense earlier this year

It's an illness. Surely prisoners get medical treatment?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2015, 04:30:16 PM

Surely this isn't the first you're heard about this.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2015, 04:52:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2015, 04:51:23 PM
Surely this isn't the first you're heard about this.

T'is.

That's a mighty big rock you've been living under Mr. Yi.

Let me tell you about Trump's Presidential run...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2015, 04:54:18 PM
That's a mighty big rock you've been living under Mr. Yi.

Let me tell you about Trump's Presidential run...

Don't get smart with me wig boy.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

:hmm:

Not sure what I think of this.

At least he's not pardoning Snowden.