Bradley Manning acquitted of aiding enemy but convicted on other charges

Started by jimmy olsen, July 30, 2013, 06:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2013, 08:27:26 AM
I'm just glad Archie's not alive to see all this Manning-Snowden stuff.
Then again, Obama's inauguration would've killed him anyway.  :lol:

There are quite a few people I would have loved to have lived long enough so I could have seen their reaction to Obama's inauguration :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2013, 08:30:26 AM
:hmm: I don't know man.  With the draft the chances of more revolutionary patriots like Manning and Snowden being put into sensitive positions would only increase.

Doubtful.  Neither one of them would make the cut, as the draft would produce more qualified applicants without such personality issues to choose from in a much wider pool, rather than relying on a smaller selection pool to choose from and being forced to square peg round holes with assholes like them.

Quote55% of the American public call Snowden a whistleblower.

55% of Americans think the capital of North Dakota is South Dakota.  Big fucking deal.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on August 22, 2013, 08:17:06 AM
He claimed very early on that part of the reason that he did what he did was because of how he felt marginalized by the military. He's been claiming for quite a while that he is transgender, and that it caused problems with his career.

He's claiming now that he did it for love of his country.

Tonitrus

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on August 22, 2013, 05:11:39 PM
And the virtue of the vicious.

Damn, I'm full of nerd moments today.  That alliteration just jammed the V speech from V for Vendetta into my head. :(
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2013, 07:41:13 AM
QuoteBradley Manning: I want to live as a woman
Scott Stump TODAY contributor

Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.

"I am Chelsea Manning. I am female," the Army private wrote in a statement read on TODAY Thursday. "Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition."

Manning, 25, was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday after having been found guilty of 20 charges ranging from espionage to theft for leaking more than 700,000 documents to the WikiLeaks website while working in Iraq in 2010.

http://www.today.com/news/bradley-manning-i-want-live-woman-6C10974915

It would seem this investigation is more fruitful then first anticipated.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 22, 2013, 07:03:06 PM

Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.

"I am Chelsea Manning. I am female," the Army private wrote in a statement read on TODAY Thursday. "Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition."

Manning, 25, was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday after having been found guilty of 20 charges ranging from espionage to theft for leaking more than 700,000 documents to the WikiLeaks website while working in Iraq in 2010.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Scipio

Quote from: Razgovory on August 22, 2013, 07:03:06 PM

"I want to be called Loretta."

-Stan, Life of Brian
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

merithyn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 23, 2013, 09:48:50 AM
That's one way of getting the operation covered by the state.

And to avoid being imprisoned with a bunch of men much larger and much meaner than you.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

OttoVonBismarck

I think some State prison systems support individuals who want hormone therapy and will put them in protective custody (I don't believe they'll incarcerate them in women's prisons but I could be wrong), however I don't believe the military prison system does any of that. I suspect this is going to end up in a lawsuit to try and force the matter.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on August 23, 2013, 11:36:58 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 23, 2013, 09:48:50 AM
That's one way of getting the operation covered by the state.

And to avoid being imprisoned with a bunch of men much larger and much meaner than you.

I've seen a few military prisoners.  Pretty much all of them were skinny little fucks like Miss Manning.  Probably meaner, though :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall