Bradley Manning acquitted of aiding enemy but convicted on other charges

Started by jimmy olsen, July 30, 2013, 06:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Which doesn't make sense.  Isn't the whole point of the prison system to ensure that the prisoners are raped?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

At any rate, I am a troglodytes and don't understand being trans. The LGB model has gender role behavior as something societally constructed. The T model seems heavily anchored in the biological model.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

The Ts, I can understand. Sometimes you're born in the wrong body, and sometimes you just like to feel pretty.

The B, however, is a total fucking cop-out.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 11:03:11 AM
The Ts, I can understand. Sometimes you're born in the wrong body, and sometimes you just like to feel pretty.

Those are two separate things though. The latter falls under the society construction model of gender role behavior and rejecting that (which many gay people do to various extents). Saying you've been born in the wrong body is a different kettle of fish.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2013, 11:07:06 AM

Those are two separate things though. The latter falls under the society construction model of gender role behavior and rejecting that (which many gay people do to various extents). Saying you've been born in the wrong body is a different kettle of fish.

That's why I used Ts in plural, and two independent clauses. :hug:

garbon

CountDeMoney

garbon

garbon

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2013, 11:00:19 AM
At any rate, I am a troglodytes and don't understand being trans. The LGB model has gender role behavior as something societally constructed. The T model seems heavily anchored in the biological model.
:yes: I think I rate as pretty tolerant of homosexuality, and probably in the top 1% of heterosexual Russian speakers, but transsexuality just gives me creeps.

lustindarkness

Sometimes you're born in the wrong body, and sometimes you just like to feel pretty.

Tell us more of how you feel.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom