Started by jimmy olsen, July 30, 2013, 06:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

dps

Quote from: DGuller on August 21, 2013, 01:15:22 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2013, 12:43:56 PM
Quote from: merithyn on August 21, 2013, 12:41:29 PM
No. :( I must be Jewish. :weep:

If you were, you'd probably detect it better.
:huh: You must be thinking of money.

Nah, Seedy isn't Jewish.  He's posted plenty of times about being Catholic.

;)

OttoVonBismarck

Seems about right to me, 12 total years assuming he gets parole the first try. I was thinking anywhere from 10-20 sounded right for him. I don't view him the same as Ames or Hanssen but the people who compare him to a whistleblower are confused about what whistleblowing really is.

CountDeMoney

QuoteBradley Manning: I want to live as a woman
Scott Stump TODAY contributor

Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.

"I am Chelsea Manning. I am female," the Army private wrote in a statement read on TODAY Thursday. "Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition."

Manning, 25, was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday after having been found guilty of 20 charges ranging from espionage to theft for leaking more than 700,000 documents to the WikiLeaks website while working in Iraq in 2010.

http://www.today.com/news/bradley-manning-i-want-live-woman-6C10974915

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 21, 2013, 01:32:40 PM
him to a whistleblower are confused about what whistleblowing really is.

Clearly it is an incredibly complex and complicated term that only applies in very specific circumstances.  Rather a meaningless and pointless distinction I have come to discover. 

Anyway glad Manning got um...her...trial finally and the sentence certainly could have been worse I suppose.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2013, 07:58:43 AM
Bradley Manning does seem to be a rather broken individual.

He claimed very early on that part of the reason that he did what he did was because of how he felt marginalized by the military. He's been claiming for quite a while that he is transgender, and that it caused problems with his career.

I can't imagine how difficult that must be, but I do believe that it could easily cause one to be rather broken.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

So see a psychiatrist and quit being so fucking weird.  Either get a new job or get new hobbies.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2013, 07:41:13 AM
QuoteBradley Manning: I want to live as a woman
Scott Stump TODAY contributor

Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.

"I am Chelsea Manning. I am female," the Army private wrote in a statement read on TODAY Thursday. "Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition."

Manning, 25, was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday after having been found guilty of 20 charges ranging from espionage to theft for leaking more than 700,000 documents to the WikiLeaks website while working in Iraq in 2010.

http://www.today.com/news/bradley-manning-i-want-live-woman-6C10974915

:o  And I thought he was so rugged!

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Just like Snowden, if this were pre-9/11, he wouldn't have been in a position to do what he did. 
Man, how the standards have dropped across the board.  The need for bodies is that bad, just bring back the draft.  We all registered for Selective Service for a reason.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on August 22, 2013, 08:17:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2013, 07:58:43 AM
Bradley Manning does seem to be a rather broken individual.

He claimed very early on that part of the reason that he did what he did was because of how he felt marginalized by the military. He's been claiming for quite a while that he is transgender, and that it caused problems with his career.

I can't imagine how difficult that must be, but I do believe that it could easily cause one to be rather broken.

I haven't paid close attention as I didn't find any of it particularly interesting. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Dear god, that Archie gif made me snort orange juice through my nose.

THAT SHIT BURNS

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2013, 08:26:08 AM
Dear god, that Archie gif made me snort orange juice through my nose.

THAT SHIT BURNS

I'm just glad Archie's not alive to see all this Manning-Snowden stuff.
Then again, Obama's inauguration would've killed him anyway.  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2013, 08:21:19 AM
Just like Snowden, if this were pre-9/11, he wouldn't have been in a position to do what he did. 
Man, how the standards have dropped across the board.  The need for bodies is that bad, just bring back the draft.  We all registered for Selective Service for a reason.

:hmm: I don't know man.  With the draft the chances of more revolutionary patriots like Manning and Snowden being put into sensitive positions would only increase.  55% of the American public call Snowden a whistleblower.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."