And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale and cards

Started by Razgovory, July 11, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on July 19, 2013, 01:38:29 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 19, 2013, 01:25:05 PM
Train Simulator 2013 is on sale for 8.59. The add ons are on sale, too - for 905.50 all 121 could be yours!
What do you do other than drive around on train tracks?  Anything?

well you got missions. Like passenger trains, freight operations, shuffling cars around in the railyard, that kind of stuff.

Tamas

And there is an extensive scoring system monitoring everything you do. Like breaking too heavy with passengers, delays, speeding, etc.

For me, it's good for some rare "zen" gaming, but I imagine you must be a real railroad fan to stick with it for a long period of time.

Syt

That's what I figure. Kind of like Euro Truck Sim 2 in that regard (though if you zone out it's easy to miss that exit you have to take or crash because the passenger cars won't let you switch lanes even though you switched on the turn signal half a km ago).

Still, I'm a completist when it comes to DLC in games DLC, so I stay way clear of Train Sim.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on July 21, 2013, 07:52:04 AM
Picked up Dawnguard and Dragonborn for Skyrim.  I'm probably done with the Steam sale now.

Same here; capped off at Dawnguard and Dragonborn.
Experience bij!

Syt

Last day, with the games that had summer sale cards going back on sale one more time.

Overall a rather lackluster affair this time around; but that's probably because I binged on previous sales and picked up other games when they were the weekend/midweek/daily special.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

I want the Skyrm DLC but I have only played Skyrim for a few hours so I think I will wait for the next sale. 

Or the one after that.

Lucidor

The cards are good. Gave me 2 dollars from people wanting to get more steam level, which doesn't seem to be good for anything.

Still, I bought a few games I may not play, but also Bioshock Infinite, which so far has been spectacular. No save on demand, though, so it sucks.

Kleves

Anyone want Civ IV? I apparently got a copy of it as recompense for buying the Civ V expansion at full price before Steam accidently put it on sale.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Caliga

Quote from: Lucidor on July 22, 2013, 01:10:57 PM
Still, I bought a few games I may not play, but also Bioshock Infinite, which so far has been spectacular. No save on demand, though, so it sucks.
Yeah, this infuriates me, and has frankly been preventing me from playing it since I've not had a huge block of time to devote to it for the past week.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Phillip V on July 20, 2013, 09:09:31 AM
Skyrim: Legendary Edition -40%
It tempted me. But I want physical ownership.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

I love how "unfinished beta" has become "early access".  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 29, 2013, 09:33:52 PM
I love how "unfinished beta" has become "early access".  :P

Software sales have gone Agile, too...AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT OR ELSE
and the horse you rode in on

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on July 20, 2013, 08:31:51 AM
ugh, that game has another fucked up "you can't save anywhere" save system. :mad:

What does that mean? It saves in a cloud or something?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2013, 05:19:44 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 20, 2013, 08:31:51 AM
ugh, that game has another fucked up "you can't save anywhere" save system. :mad:

What does that mean? It saves in a cloud or something?

No, I believe he means save points only.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.