News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

I've been playing a lot of Recettear  :blush:
I've also reinstalled Left 4 Dead 1 and played around with it in Single Player. I think I prefer the overall dynamic in L4D1 to L4D2, even if 2 introduced some good new features.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Scipio

Hellgate:London in Single Player.

This game is a hella lotta fun, just like I remembered it being.  A little too by the numbers, but a nice concept, good art, good execution.  Shame they couldn't get it to hold together, and the fucking Koreans have made it impossible to do the F2P version for me.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 08, 2011, 11:37:50 AM
I've been playing a lot of Recettear  :blush:
I've also reinstalled Left 4 Dead 1 and played around with it in Single Player. I think I prefer the overall dynamic in L4D1 to L4D2, even if 2 introduced some good new features.

Left 4 Dead was better then the sequel.  I had a blast with that game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

I have been playing some Rift.  Great fun.  Huge amounts of flexibility in their skill system and a nicely designed crafting system.  The best things are the rifts and invading armies which provide a refreshing change from the wow type level grind.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 28, 2011, 04:48:32 PM
Quote from: Drakken on July 28, 2011, 03:18:38 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 28, 2011, 06:04:31 AM
Causing Havoc in Just Cause 2.

Wait until you get around the first third of the game, Just Cause 2 will cause havoc on you.

How do I know that I'm at that point?

I finished it, well atleast the main story. I have no intention of spending countless hours getting 100%.

I think I figured out what you meant. All those fucking choppers were really fucking annoying. Seriously.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Any new City Builder on the horizon?  I'm having an itch to play something as cool as Pharaoh, or Emperor, or SimCity when they first came out.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

I love the absurd accents from that game.  I like the battle where you fight a Russian General, a Chinese General and a ... Japanese General?  Also the last battle took place on a series of ICBMs, which typically enter low orbit, but in the game just sort of skim over the water.  I kept thinking that an ICBM from South east asia would hit China in what?  5 minutes?  The US maybe 30.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Eh, yeah. Plus oyu know it's hitting Russia, China, Japan & the US. Not one city, the entire country. Maybe there should be some precision here.

I wished the game had a bomber that would have been cool.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I just (finally) beat Broken Sword III.  The end was totally ridiculous. :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HisMajestyBOB

Been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 due to going to a theme park a few weeks ago, and Patrician III because I'm on an economics/business game kick. Thanks to an AAR on SomethingAwful I'm tempted to get Victoria2 next time it's on sale. Might just wait until the expansion comes out and goes on sale.

Also played a bit of CK2, thanks to the medieval history books I'm reading.

sbr

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 14, 2011, 10:53:39 PM

CK2?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: sbr on August 14, 2011, 11:36:07 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 14, 2011, 10:53:39 PM

CK2?

:lol: Wishful thinking.
CK:DV in all its buggy-yet-fun glory.

Syt

I'm having a look at Champions Online again. Though to be honest, I've spent way too much time designing and test driving characters. The game has easily the best character designer I've seen in an MMO.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.