News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 14, 2011, 10:53:39 PM
Also played a bit of CK2, thanks to the medieval history books I'm reading.

did you review it yet
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: The Brain on August 15, 2011, 04:44:46 AM

did you review it yet

A++++++ would play agan
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on August 15, 2011, 04:44:46 AM

did you review it yet

that's Jaron's job

BuddhaRhubarb

I know about Angry Birds, but does anyone have any other (free or cheap ass) decent ipad games?
:p

Ed Anger

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 15, 2011, 11:10:44 AM
I know about Angry Birds, but does anyone have any other (free or cheap ass) decent ipad games?

Appshoppers lists the freebies.

http://appshopper.com/
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Scipio

Bastion.  Wow, what a fun game.  Great hack and slash action, with a strong story.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

11B4V

Quote from: Scipio on August 17, 2011, 08:37:19 AM
Bastion.  Wow, what a fun game.  Great hack and slash action, with a strong story.

Read a review after you posted. Sounds interesting.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

Quote from: 11B4V on August 17, 2011, 09:20:57 AM
Quote from: Scipio on August 17, 2011, 08:37:19 AM

Read a review after you posted. Sounds interesting.
Most fun I've had since Mass Effect 2.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Grey Fox

I'm torn between buying Bastion and Space Pirates & Zombies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Played some of the Bastion demo. Kinda cool.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

Bastion is great.  Played some more.  It's a superb hacky-slashy dungeon crawler, with great music and art direction.  I am, unfortunately, not unbiased.  If you distrusted my rave review of Mass Effect 2, you should distrust my review of this.

In the words of my official wife(TM), it is "ossum like a dead possum."
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Maladict

Quote from: Grallon on August 11, 2011, 08:56:25 PM
Any new City Builder on the horizon?  I'm having an itch to play something as cool as Pharaoh, or Emperor, or SimCity when they first came out.

G.

Not really, sadly.
But I'm still enjoying Anno 1404, which is close enough for me.

Razgovory

I was playing Company of Heroes, but out of the blue the game decided I didn't have the CD in.  I was playing it on Steam!  It didn't have a CD!  Lousy son of a bitch.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

While I like Champions Online a lot better this time around (they've added Millennium City as starting area instead of having you jump around between desert and Canada missions like at launch), I haven't progressed very far into the game yet, because I can't really decide what character to play.

In comics I always preffered characters like Punisher, who was basically a normal person with some badass soldier/spec ops training. Or Batman who is badass because of training and gadgets, and much of the same counts for his classic enemies (Joker, Riddler, Penguin etc.). Or Iron Man, who built his suit to gain superpowers. So my characters go usually into that direction instead of being able to cast magic spells, use telepathy, shoot lighning/ice/fire from their hands, have inate flying ability etc. (Though I did love X-Men comics back when.)

I guess I have two mains right now:

LVC-68:

A gunslinging robot with rocket boots for quicktravel. Freeform class, and I give him pistol/shotgun skills, plus some android enhancements (e.g. targeting computer).

Redneck Samurai:

In the wake of a hurricane, looters killed everyone in the trailer park where Billy Ray Compton lived. He went on a vision quest and became a follower of bushido. He's also freeform and learns all things dual blades and warrior code.

Then there's two alts I keep switching back to:

Redeemer:

Soldier archetype, i.e. focusing on automatic weapons. Basically a Punisher ripoff in camouflage.Travels by use of grappling hook (i.e. swinging around like Spidey).

Huntress

An alien huntress (duh), predator inspired. Fights with one handed blade and blaster gun.

In between I keep toying with other characters (e.g. power armor, big two handed weapons, brawlers, archers, and a few other powers.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.