News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Panzer Command:Ostfront arrived today.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HisMajestyBOB

A fun $10 game called Fort Zombie.
It has some flaws, but it's worth the price IMO. It's also pretty difficult at first.
The gist is that you arrive in a town, and have to first make your way to the building you'll use as your fort (Police Station, Prison, or School). This is really the hardest part, and I died several times just trying to get there. You have to walk, not run, and use melee, not guns. Ducking into houses helps. Once there, you have 12 days to go out on missions gathering supplies and weapons, recruiting survivors, and fortifying your fort. After 12 days, tons of zombies attack your fort.
It's more an RPG than action or 3rd-person shooter. The zombies and your AI teammates can easily get hung up on walls, fences, and other obstacles, and sometimes people will clip through doors or walls. If you don't mind the difficulty, the clunky controls, and sometimes irritating AI, it's fun. And only $10.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Habbaku

Finally found a link to Stalin's Dilemma again, so I'm playing that.  Let's see how many Ukrainians I can murder.

http://lateblt.tripod.com/games2.htm
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

A couple of hours into Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and it's even better than AC2, which was phenomenal.

I want to kill the Pope. Damn Spaniards.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

Starting a walk through of S&T Monmouth
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DontSayBanana

Finished the storyline of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance a couple days ago, currently completing a 93% game on LEGO Batman.  All the grand strategy stuff sounds awesome, but I don't have the patience for it- last time I even played an RTS was C&C: Tiberian Sun. :blush:
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

Fuck you Civ V. I'm stucked in Unhappinnes hell & of course every god damn civilization declares war on me. Plus I'm dirt poor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2011, 10:03:14 PM
Fuck you Civ V. I'm stucked in Unhappinnes hell & of course every god damn civilization declares war on me. Plus I'm dirt poor.

Apparently the problem resides in my save being quite old (I've started this game on release day). I might aswell restart.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Played the second Fallout New Vegas DLC, where you go to Zion and deal with a bunch of tribals.  Went back to a save with a level 29 character, so pretty much everything I encountered was a pushover.  Though I'm not too big on the mutated animal thing, it was cool to get to fight Yao Guai again.  It's a lot shorter than the first DLC, but the Zion National Park scenery is gorgeous.  I want to go there even more than I did before.

Probably the most valuable thing about this DLC is that it provides more backstory to Caesar & Joshua Graham, and it sheds a little more light on the "other courier".  I was hoping I would get some more details on how the Legion lost Hoover Dam, though.  You learn more about what happened after, particularly the Burned Man thing, but I was hoping it would tell you why Graham lost the battle (other than being outnumbered).  He seems like he was a pretty capable Legate, so did he make a tactical error, did he flake out, or did he perform as best as he could & was simply outnumbered?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

sbr

I've been playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 in the last week.  I have had it for a while but the free-to-play promotion sparked interest.  What a fun game if you find the right server.  :D

Pedrito

Okay, noob question:

recently I felt the urge to play Railroad Tycoon 2 again after years, and installed it on my current laptop, but the pc is too fast and the map scrolling is almost unusable, because it throws me from one side of the map to the other too quickly, and the game becomes unplayable: I've inadvertently laid a stretch of rails across the whole Australia because I lacked fine control  :mad:

Is there some way to slow the pc down (I never thought I could say something like that!), so that the game becomes enjoyable again and not the actual pain in the ass?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

DontSayBanana

Something like this? http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/

Generally, you need some kind of a slowdown program, or else you need to run an emulator or a virtual machine to get the system to behave correctly.
Experience bij!