News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Puerto Rico Ballot Initiative

Started by DontSayBanana, November 07, 2012, 12:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 08, 2012, 09:14:12 AM
Why do guys keep saying we ricans talk spanish? We don't speak español or inglés, we speak spanglish.  :smarty:

One thing I love about Tejanos is they will just randomly switch between Spanish and English when talking to each other.  Sometimes mid-sentence.  I am sure they do it mid-word as well sometimes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2012, 09:47:56 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 08, 2012, 09:14:12 AM
Why do guys keep saying we ricans talk spanish? We don't speak español or inglés, we speak spanglish.  :smarty:

One thing I love about Tejanos is they will just randomly switch between Spanish and English when talking to each other.  Sometimes mid-sentence.  I am sure they do it mid-word as well sometimes.

:yes:

It's fun to watch my nieces' and nephews' post on FB. They don't even realize that they're doing that, which makes it all the more funny to me.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

celedhring

English is like a virus. When I was over there I would often switch languages midsentence when talking to my Spanish speaking friends. It just comes.

To be frank, most of the time it requires less work to say something in English than it does in Spanish. Latin languages are too fancy.

Count

Quote from: celedhring on November 08, 2012, 09:55:07 AM
English is like a virus. When I was over there I would often switch languages midsentence when talking to my Spanish speaking friends. It just comes.

To be frank, most of the time it requires less work to say something in English than it does in Spanish. Latin languages are too fancy.

By the way, who are you? How did you get here? etc
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

merithyn

Quote from: Count on November 08, 2012, 09:55:50 AM

Aw, honey. You've been away too long. :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

celedhring

I used to post in the Paradox OT loooong time ago, even had an account in Languish when it first started. Nostalgia takes over you as you grow old, I suppose; talking to Larchie I remembered this place and here I am

Maximus

Is that any way to greet him?

Count

Quote from: celedhring on November 08, 2012, 10:01:09 AM

I used to post in the Paradox OT loooong time ago, even had an account in Languish when it first started. Nostalgia takes over you as you grow old, I suppose; talking to Larchie I remembered this place and here I am

Cheers.
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

lustindarkness

You know what ruins Puerto Rico? Too many damn Puertoricans. <_<

And those thinking culture or lifestyle is very different from any other state, you are wrong. And the language? No problem, there are people living in Miami for 50 years that have never had to learn english, there is no need.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

lustindarkness

I can't watch youtube from work, and too lazy to get my phone out of my pocket.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 08, 2012, 01:57:28 PM

:lol:

YOu really are from Puerto Rico, aren't you.   :D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2012, 02:05:53 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 08, 2012, 01:57:28 PM

:lol:

YOu really are from Puerto Rico, aren't you.   :D

Glad someone caught it. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

If we lived in a sane world that wasn't driven by identity politics, I think the US would be forcing Puerto Rico to become a state with Puerto Rico resisting. It is crazy they get an income tax exclusion and are contemplating giving it up.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

One of my favorite moments from the republican primary was when Santorum thought he could win Puerto Rico with a platform for them to become a state but learn english first.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014