And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: szmik on August 23, 2012, 02:48:54 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 23, 2012, 12:59:26 AM
There was a snap stress test this morning for an hour. The game is definitely playable when thete is noone around as it spawns guards to help the player.
:bleeding:

What?

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 22, 2012, 10:18:56 PM
Now I have no idea, the more I read about the Engineer the more fun it seems to play.

I haven't played an engineer but I heard it is a very fun profession.

The only classes I really played so far are the guardian and the elementalist (I chose them because they are the professions most appealing to me, lore/concept-wise) - I find the guardian's play style much more to my liking since I generally like support classes and I hate being squishy (and unlike WoW, I think you have to actively dodge etc. when playing a squishy class or you get creamed fast). The guardian is not indestructible, however - I have been downed several times when going against 2-3 foes at the same time, depending on my weapon at the time - so it is not a total piece of cake either.

As for a ranger, I don't think it would be that complicated - in fact pet classes are usually recommended for new players. Plus everyone wants to heal your pet so he will probably never die when you are around other people. :P (The way it works, whenever there is a badly injured "ally" near you - be it another player or his or her pet - he gets a special icon over its head and you just need to right-click it to heal it; in addition to keeping the person alive, it also gives you some small amount of xp if you do that - so at least I always end up healing someone who needs it in my vicinity - and very often these are pets :P).

I heard a lot of good stuff said about a warrior gameplay - definitely more dps than a guardian, and thanks to their heavy armour still good survivability.

frunk

There was a snap stress test this morning for an hour. The game is definitely playable when thete is noone around as it spawns guards to help the player.

The guards only spawn around specific events, most of the explorable areas are left as is.

Martinus

Martinus

Guys, while you wait for the release, here's a very good gathering/crafting guide as things work very differently than in WoW and you will lose a lot if you dont do it from day 1.

http://guildwars.gaiscioch.com/tavern/guildwars_crafting/post_35198.html

crazy canuck

That crafting system looks like it could actually be fun.

Cecil

Apparently another stress test starting nowish.

crazy canuck

Well it might still be going on but I am getting an error message that says my firewall is blocking it.

Martinus

This means you may need to open some ports. There is a guide on the official website.

szmik

Quote from: frunk on August 23, 2012, 06:27:24 AM

The guards only spawn around specific events, most of the explorable areas are left as is.
That
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Cecil

Looks like I´ll be joining up on Far Shiverpeaks.

If you have any national preferences or just want to know which servers to avoid  this list helps.

http://www.gw2guilds.org/servers/eu

Martinus

Making a mental note to avoid Blacktide.

Cecil

Yeah the Polish/Russian thing got me confused. Not really the two nationalities I´d picture creating a good community together.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on August 23, 2012, 10:55:02 PM
This means you may need to open some ports. There is a guide on the official website.

Naw, it has to do with them optimizing there systems.  It works again.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Cecil on August 24, 2012, 10:18:24 AM
Looks like I´ll be joining up on Far Shiverpeaks.

If you have any national preferences or just want to know which servers to avoid  this list helps.

http://www.gw2guilds.org/servers/eu

That list does not tell me how to avoid the US soccer fans apologists.