News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2012, 01:37:14 AM
Elementalist seems the most versatile of the four, since they have four different attunements, one for each element, which give them pure dps (fire), control (air and earth) and support (water) abilities.

I have been trying to make sense of all the classes. The thing I keep reading is it is a bit of a pain to quickly change between attunements.  I am not sure I want to play a class that is so twitchy.

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 18, 2012, 10:35:17 AM

I have been trying to make sense of all the classes. The thing I keep reading is it is a bit of a pain to quickly change between attunements.  I am not sure I want to play a class that is so twitchy.

Switching between attunements isn't anymore difficult than switching weapons.  Both are one click actions.  There's a cooldown if you want to switch back again, but you can switch to a third or fourth attunement after only a short delay.

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on August 18, 2012, 08:37:36 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 18, 2012, 10:35:17 AM

Switching between attunements isn't anymore difficult than switching weapons.  Both are one click actions.  There's a cooldown if you want to switch back again, but you can switch to a third or fourth attunement after only a short delay.

That seems pretty easy then.  Maybe I will give it a shot after all.

Syt

I prefer melee classes (I'm masochistic that way) - so it'll be warrior or guardian. Warrior sounds more interesting, but that banner carrying/planting seems kinda bothersome.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on August 19, 2012, 01:01:50 AM
I prefer melee classes (I'm masochistic that way) - so it'll be warrior or guardian. Warrior sounds more interesting, but that banner carrying/planting seems kinda bothersome.

I haven't played a warrior but from what I can tell about static area of effect spells for other classes, they are all on low cool down and have a relatively short duration so I suppose it will be just something you press every once in a while like any other buff, especially when fighting a bigger group of more static mobs. There is also an option in the UI settings that automatically places all ground-targetted spells on the mouse pointer, rather than requiring you to click twice.

Martinus

So, the gem store is up. Finally, a game where you can buy an xp boost with real world money without having to use dodgy services.

Richard Hakluyt

The exchange rate for British players is rather poor  :hmm:

£1.0625 for 100 gems as opposed to $1.25 for the US players........implying an exchange rate of $1.17 to the £ whereas it is actually $1.57 to the £. I wonder if they will let me pay in $  :D

Martinus

Does the store let you examine what the item does? For me it is just a name of the item and I wonder if this is because I am checking this on a Mac. Most likely it's still rudimentary before launch.

Syt

Uhm, what's the link for the store? I can find it neither on the GW2 page, nor in the launcher.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Never mind, found it through a link on another forum.

No description for me, either, but there's descriptions on the GW wiki.

But what's up with the sunglasses and hats?  :huh:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on August 19, 2012, 06:31:32 AM
Never mind, found it through a link on another forum.

No description for me, either, but there's descriptions on the GW wiki.

But what's up with the sunglasses and hats?  :huh:

The hat is a real item for people who want to look like nerds. Not sure about the sunglasses.

Martinus

Or do you mean the top hat etc? The game has a second tab for "town clothes" which is what you can wear out of combat in the city. I guess the sunglasses kinda break immersion so don't like it too much but the rest is legit for the kind of era this game portrays.

Martinus

Another stress test tonight at noon Pacific time (9 p.m. for Euros, 8 p.m. for Brits). If you pre-purchased, make sure to update the client and log in. :D

crazy canuck

cool, hopefully I can jump on and get a quick peek at what I want to play when the game goes live.