News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

I like how the sylvari distinguish the classes by the colour of their skin. Looks like I´ll be playing a black dude. I was thinking of going human but the emo pale look rubbed me the wrong way and the starting area was less interesting.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Cecil on August 24, 2012, 12:11:22 PM
I like how the sylvari distinguish the classes by the colour of their skin. Looks like I´ll be playing a black dude. I was thinking of going human but the emo pale look rubbed me the wrong way and the starting area was less interesting.

You can change the colouring (and just about everything else) on all the races to whatever shade you want.  I think you are talking about the default colouring if you skip to the end of the character creation system.

And there seems to be a strong consensus that the human City is the best one in the game.

Syt

So, servers are online. Is there a Euro-Languish server yet?

EDIT: My old SWTOR guild chose Gunnar's Hold, so I guess I'll go there, even if there's little interest from them, it seems (forums seem pretty much dead).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

I created a couple charaters on Tarnished Hold.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Created a Charr Warrior, Sytharras on Gunnar's Hold. The one who wrote the intro video liked his Babylon 5. "The Blood Legion is mother, the Blood Legion is father!" :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Half an hour in and the game just freezes. <_<

And connection failure, so I guess the servers went down.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Cecil

Cecil

And I got my ass kicked out.

Martinus

Quote from: Cecil on August 25, 2012, 02:43:38 AM
And I got my ass kicked out.

Same. Managed to get my guardian to level 7.

I'm on Piken Square. Name Willem Deschain.

Syt

Yeah, I've crashed a few times so far. I tried setting details lower, but that didn't help. Last crash when I wanted to activate the vista point in the n00b area.

Also, the text on the menu buttons keeps disappearing for me.

The gameplay seems fun, if a bit chaotic when 20 people fight 10 mobs.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 24, 2012, 12:01:00 PM
That list does not tell me how to avoid the US soccer fans apologists.

Pretty easy. Just don't mention it. Americans aren't going to bring up soccer on our own.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 25, 2012, 03:09:26 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 24, 2012, 12:01:00 PM
That list does not tell me how to avoid the US soccer fans apologists.

Pretty easy. Just don't mention it. Americans aren't going to bring up soccer on our own.

There is a small percentage of Americans I want to avoid.  ;)

frunk

I played for four hours trouble free last night.  Only problem I saw was I didn't get my Hall of Monuments doodad.  Sucks that the login servers are down now.

Syt

I finished exploring the Black Citadel before lunch without any further issues. Trying to log in now, but it seems login servers are overloaded/busy/down? Launcher doesn't initialize.

I'm playing on medium settings, but the game still looks pretty good.
—Stephen Jay Gould