News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on August 21, 2012, 12:11:10 AM
Another stress test tonight at noon Pacific time (9 p.m. for Euros, 8 p.m. for Brits). If you pre-purchased, make sure to update the client and log in. :D

Marty, where do you get the info for these?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on August 21, 2012, 08:26:47 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 21, 2012, 12:11:10 AM
Another stress test tonight at noon Pacific time (9 p.m. for Euros, 8 p.m. for Brits). If you pre-purchased, make sure to update the client and log in. :D

Marty, where do you get the info for these?

Facebook and Twitter.  :P

The most reliable (and relatively spam free) is subscribing to the official channel: @GuildWars2

frunk

Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has information on the stess tests, as well as the unofficial Guild Wars 2 forum.

Martinus

Yeah but twitter is probably the best as you just get the message delivered to you whenever they announce it. :)

crazy canuck

It was also posted on the official website under the community "news" tab.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/launcher/launcher-test-text/

Martinus

Stress test extended for another hour (so 2 more hours) but I'm off to bed. Was fun though. Tried an elementalist but definitely enjoy a guardian more.

The people I played with today are a mesmer and an engineer so a guardian was god-send.

crazy canuck

Its pretty hectic in the beginning areas.   Kind of hard to figure out what I am doing since things are dying so fast.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 21, 2012, 05:29:22 PM
Its pretty hectic in the beginning areas.   Kind of hard to figure out what I am doing since things are dying so fast.

Yeah. I started a new character yesterday and it was much worse, crowd-wise, than the previous stress tests.

frunk

The game isn't much fun when it gets too crowded, which is one of the reasons while I'll probably be seeking out a low pop server.  In general as the game goes on people spread out and it isn't as bad, the first beta weekend was particularly overcrowded.  It's also possible that since it's a stress test they minimized the overflow servers, and once it's released it'll be more manageable.

In general I've seen a lot more things that went wrong during the stress tests than any of the beta weekends.

crazy canuck

I logged on during the period of the extension.  There were a lot fewer people on then I a got a much better feel for the game.  I think I am going to enjoy this quite a lot.  The fact that you can have multiple builds available to you with only a weapon swap if very appealing.  Also, no more waiting around for a tank/healer to log on.

I havent fully understood the various build options yet or how it all ties together but it looks like it will be a lot fun learning the various options.

frunk

A good part of builds isn't accessible until you hit level 5 (1st utility skill), 7 (weapon swapping), 10 (2nd utility skill), 11 (trait points), 15 (first trait bonus), 20 (3rd utility skill and first selectable trait bonus), 30 (elite skill and second selectable trait bonus) and 40 (third selectable trait bonus).  The early levels just give you a taste of what's to come.

Edit: The utility skills come at 5, 10 and 20 not 10, 15 20.  Sorry about that.

crazy canuck

So now down to the serious business of selecting a first profession.  I dont want to mess around with pets so I think that rules out the Ranger.  The mesmer seems like a class to play after I understand the game mechanics a bit better.  The necro isnt appealing to me.

I didnt play much with the thief but it seems like its a class where reaction time and positioning is important - so not really my bag.  Probably something to come back to once I get the hang of things.

The Engineer feels like it could be fun but I am not sure I am going to like the mechanics of the class.

I enjoyed playing the warrior, guardian and elementalist.  Wierd combination I know.

I am leaning toward having the guardian as my first toon because they seem indestructable.  But the versatility of the elementalist and the killing ability of the warrior also appeal.

Decisions decsions.

As for race I am leaning toward Norn, human or plant person.

crazy canuck

Now I have no idea, the more I read about the Engineer the more fun it seems to play.

Martinus

There was a snap stress test this morning for an hour. The game is definitely playable when thete is noone around as it spawns guards to help the player.

szmik

Quote from: Martinus on August 23, 2012, 12:59:26 AM
There was a snap stress test this morning for an hour. The game is definitely playable when thete is noone around as it spawns guards to help the player.
:bleeding:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.