20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Siege on July 23, 2012, 09:16:34 PM
Muslims don't fuck either, and look how frequently they do shit like this.
:hmm: I'm pretty sure they do, unless it's been a recent phenomenon.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2012, 12:53:04 PM
I think this case goes to what Neil has been saying for years - people who dye their hair rainbow-bright colours are a menace to society.

Btw, I hate that all the press is repeating that "he had his hair dyed red, like Joker in "Dark Knight". JOKER HAD GREEN HAIR, damn it. Media are full of lies.  :Embarrass:

Martinus

Btw, has anyone else said already that anyone who brings a 3 month old baby to a fucking cinema deserves to be shot?

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on July 24, 2012, 01:33:36 AM
Btw, has anyone else said already that anyone who brings a 3 month old baby to a fucking cinema deserves to be shot?

Yes,  Neil I think.  You two think a lot alike.

Caliga

I doubt they intentionally wanted to do that, but the parent(s) are probably morons who couldn't figure out how to get a babysitter in time.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

yeah.
PDH!

dps

Quote from: Martinus on July 24, 2012, 01:32:29 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2012, 12:53:04 PM
I think this case goes to what Neil has been saying for years - people who dye their hair rainbow-bright colours are a menace to society.

Btw, I hate that all the press is repeating that "he had his hair dyed red, like Joker in "Dark Knight". JOKER HAD GREEN HAIR, damn it. Media are full of lies.  :Embarrass:

Not so much lies as incompetance.

Valmy

Eh babies that young are fine because they are too small to make much noise and they tend to sleep through it.  Now an older baby or *gasp* a toddler...yes they do.

I sorta miss having a newborn for that reason.  We could go out to eat and he would just lay there quietly.  Now it is an adventure, though fortunately he does not make much noise.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: dps on July 24, 2012, 07:03:36 AM
Not so much lies as incompetance.

The truth would ruin their story about how bad movies cause mass murders.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Though the internet does point out that Joker had a scene where he wore a red wig in Dark Knight.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2012, 06:46:57 AM
I doubt they intentionally wanted to do that, but the parent(s) are probably morons who couldn't figure out how to get a babysitter in time.

Isn't the solution to that problem not to go out?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

No, I mentioned that the 6 year old shouldn't have been in a theater (and then the 3 month old was pointed out to me) but I'd never suggest that evidence of poor parenting means the parents should be shot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2012, 08:11:26 AM

Eh babies that young are fine because they are too small to make much noise and they tend to sleep through it.  Now an older baby or *gasp* a toddler...yes they do.

I sorta miss having a newborn for that reason.  We could go out to eat and he would just lay there quietly.  Now it is an adventure, though fortunately he does not make much noise.

This.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

When looking up V and M's assertion came across this. Oh my!

http://www.puritanboard.com/f32/what-do-you-do-crying-screaming-3-4-month-old-52556/

QuoteWe have a 3 1/2 month year old son. After 3 months, he started being really fussy. He sleeps pretty good through the night, feeds regularly. In the past week he has up-ed his feedings from 6-7/day to 8-10/day (breast-fed). He is really good, quite or having a fun time, smiling, etc. right after he feeds, but usually after 30 or so minutes, he starts crying (if I'm holding him). And I can do everything and nothing will calm him down. What he wants is his mom to hold him. And when that happens, he calms down, or my wife calms him down by feeding him.

Is this the time to start disciplining him, knowing that he is not hungry for sure, do we let him cry himself out (for, what i think will be over an hour of crying)? Would any one consider this 'child abuse', I've heard this before?

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 24, 2012, 08:45:41 AM
Isn't the solution to that problem not to go out?

Uh, yeah.  Not that hard to figure out, really.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall