News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

You could just ask nicely and I'd tell you.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

ulmont

Garbon...if that event play doesn't come soon, I'm not going to have any cards left to take advantage of it...

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on June 15, 2012, 02:03:28 PM
He'll probably play it on you.

Quiet, you.

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#23: 3 / German Recruitment Curtailed

Message from France:
Event, targeting the Spanish mercenaries in Metz.

Plucked from Garbon's hand and, as promised since he kept quiet, not played on him.  6 Krauts in Metz depart for home.

Off to Drakken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 09:59:48 AM
Oh that reminds me. I'm going to be away for the weekend for father's day. I'll have suitable internet access but I likely won't have access to CB till Monday.

If you have access to a PC with Windows you are fine. You can copy your CB directory to a pendrive and run it from there just fine. :)

Habbaku

That only works if you don't forget to bring it with you. :goodboy:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on June 15, 2012, 02:04:37 PM
Garbon...if that event play doesn't come soon, I'm not going to have any cards left to take advantage of it...

Alright it'll come up post-haste. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2012, 02:16:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 09:59:48 AM
Oh that reminds me. I'm going to be away for the weekend for father's day. I'll have suitable internet access but I likely won't have access to CB till Monday.

If you have access to a PC with Windows you are fine. You can copy your CB directory to a pendrive and run it from there just fine. :)

I'd only been planning to bring my tablet but I suppose I can change up and bring my laptop as I am driving.

Oh and actually all my moves from work are off a separate install here...which I think today just got backed up. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2012, 01:29:43 PM
See that, Drakken?  That's the signal to build a Papal galley in Ravenna.

Why? 

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on June 15, 2012, 03:17:07 PM

Why?

Corsairs can pirate against powers the Ottomans are in peace with. It's in the rules :P

Drakken

Mini Max croaks. Enter Maxi Rudi.

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event

#87: 2 / Rudolf II [MANDATORY]

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
2CP

2/2: Papal Galley built in Ravenna.

At work so no file either, so Garbon's up.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 15, 2012, 03:17:07 PM

Why?

Because Tamas is about to pirate you and a squadron would allow you not only more anti-pirate dice, but also allows you to sink the squadron instead of giving him cards or VPs for his piracy hits.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote#106: 3 / Drake/Hawkins Expedition

No file from me and Ulmont up to decide where the expedition starts.

ulmont

Expedition starts in the Guinea coast.

Tamas

I pirated the Adriatic. In a fury of pillage, I scored 3 hits and lost one corsair.

I have made the replay with the HRE and protestant stuff, but now waiting on Drakken's decision on the hits before sending it out.