News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Does his selection really impact what you're doing with your CPs?  He's either going to excommunicate Elizabeth or (more likely) patronize an Italian artist.  You can't stop the former, can't perform the latter with your CPs...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Fine, fine.  Assault Edinburgh and raise a merc in berwick, you can resolve.

Habbaku

The Scots in Edinburgh continue to hold off the English attempts to steal their freedom and their women.

Meanwhile, in the Atlantic :

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Operations
#10: 1 / Siege Engineering [COMBAT]

Message from France:
For CP :

1/1 - Naval move. Expedition to South Atlantic, where it establishes a colony.

Off to Drakken to resolve Papal Bull and to take his play after.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

My choice : (3) Patronize an artist or scientist of your choice from Italy as if 3 CP were spent

Patronize Palladio (3 - Artist). Is it 3+1 = 4 dice?

I'll send the file after resolution.

Habbaku

Patronage isn't resolved until the end of the turn and the number of dice is always the same (2).  The value of the artist/scientist is a die roll modifier added to the roll to determine what they receive based on the patronage chart.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2012, 11:13:47 PM
Patronage isn't resolved until the end of the turn and the number of dice is always the same (2).  The value of the artist/scientist is a die roll modifier added to the roll to determine what they receive based on the patronage chart.

Okey. So in other words 2 dices will be turn and there'll be a +4 (3+1) modifier for 3CP, I got it?

Want me to roll the dices?

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2012, 11:17:52 PM
:huh:

What, I didn't understand the rules correctly?

In any case, my choice is made. Palladio is patronized. Let's go on.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2012, 11:13:47 PM
Patronage isn't resolved until the end of the turn

Alright, I was asking whether I would be rolling the dice, when time arrives. It will be resolved at the end of the turn, got it.

You may proceed.

Habbaku

We're waiting on you to proceed, Drakken.  That's sort of why I wrote :

QuoteOff to Drakken to resolve Papal Bull and to take his play after.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

I may patronize as an Action only once per Turn, right? Does the Papacy resolution or Home Cards trump that limit?

Habbaku

Yes, you may only patronize one artist per turn (but you may patronize a scientist in addition, if you have one available).

Papal Bull and your home card do not trump the limit--only 1 of each per turn.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2012, 11:35:05 PM
Yes, you may only patronize one artist per turn (but you may patronize a scientist in addition, if you have one available).

Papal Bull and your home card do not trump the limit--only 1 of each per turn.

In that case, can I use my Home Card for CP/Operations?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned