Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on October 12, 2011, 12:02:17 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 11, 2011, 11:37:34 PM

Not very left, but more than the average Republican. Don't know what happened - I was somewhat surprised myself when he supported Beck in some thread there last year or so.

Elaborate.  Stonewall, pissed me off back in 2004 when supported the swift boat thing, which I felt was beneath him.  He and Dark Knight were posting stuff about that left and right.

Well, he's more liberal towards the average criminal or defendant than the average Republican, since he was a public defender or something.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

What about Beck did he support?  That we should hoard food?  That the world in controlled by a Jewish financier?  That liberals are in fact Nazis?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 12, 2011, 10:19:38 AM
What about Beck did he support?  That we should hoard food?  That the world in controlled by a Jewish financier?  That liberals are in fact Nazis?

The Norwegian kids massacred by Breivik were like Hitler Jugend?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2011, 10:22:29 AM

There is so much crazy to choose from.  Beck apparently ranted against some group called "The Tides Foundation", and the next thing you know some crazy went out there and tried shoot the place up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 09:48:36 AM
I've no idea what that is but from connotation it seems like something Mart would be, not me.

Gay urban bourgeois
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 12, 2011, 10:36:24 AM
I've no idea what that is but from connotation it seems like something Mart would be, not me.

Gay urban bourgeois

Yeah, I never made claim to that. Why would I?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 10:56:33 AM

Gay urban bourgeois

More like how could you.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 12, 2011, 10:59:36 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 10:56:33 AM

Gay urban bourgeois

More like how could you.

Well...

gay : check
urban : check
bourgeois...

Quote1: of, relating to, or characteristic of the social middle class
2: marked by a concern for material interests and respectability and a tendency toward mediocrity

totally possible but again why would I?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 11:05:32 AMtotally possible but again why would I?

In spite of your pretentions otherwise, you don't have enough class to be bourgeois.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 12, 2011, 11:10:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 11:05:32 AMtotally possible but again why would I?

In spite of your pretentions otherwise, you don't have enough class to be bourgeois.

I think I can tend towards mediocrity. :P

Although, perhaps the three of you have a positive view of the bourgeois.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on October 12, 2011, 11:10:02 AM

:pinch:

HisMajestyBOB

Don't remember. Maybe the gold bug stuff, although most EUOT posters seem to support that.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2011, 10:22:29 AM

Weren't they?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 11:24:21 AM
Although, perhaps the three of you have a positive view of the bourgeois.

Why would one have a negative view?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson