Why the gun industry secretly loves Obama

Started by jimmy olsen, September 05, 2011, 06:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Kleves

Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2011, 07:28:10 PM
Well, I'm not a big fan of fun ownership...
But if we ban fun ownership, only criminals will have fun!

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Martinus

[Siegy]People buy guns when there is a black man trying to get their money.[/Siegy]

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 06, 2011, 12:37:32 AM
[Siegy]People buy guns when there is a black man trying to get their money.[/Siegy]

:huh:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2011, 02:23:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 06, 2011, 12:37:32 AM

:huh:
Must be an inside joke. Didnt think Siege had anything against colored folk.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2011, 09:59:02 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2011, 08:11:33 PM
That said, things would be better if I were to go back in time and murder your founding fathers before they put in the Second Amendment.
Wouldn't need to murder them; a copy of Strunk & White's would've helped, though.
Who knows?  The might have been gun nuts.  They were certainly traitors.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2011, 10:55:57 PM
For the life of me I do not get why this is still a divisive political issue.  Hasn't this already been decided in favor of the gun-lobby years ago?
So long as there are other countries out there giving your native leftists and moderates an example of what things could be like in a society where everyone wasn't armed to the teeth, you'll always have the more idealistic of them trying to make moves like this.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I wonder who the biggest gun owner on languish is?

We need to compare gun wangs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

I have an authentic replica matchlock handcannon
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

For the contest, I haz:

AK-47
SKS-M
Walther PPK
Beretta 9mm
.38 police service revolver
12 gauge Remington shotty

I know there are more heavily armed Languish psychos.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 06, 2011, 10:55:25 AM
For the contest, I haz:

AK-47
SKS-M
Walther PPK
Beretta 9mm

I know there are more heavily armed Languish psychos.

No, you got me beat. The AK puts you over the top.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Neil on September 06, 2011, 07:23:59 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2011, 10:55:57 PM
For the life of me I do not get why this is still a divisive political issue.  Hasn't this already been decided in favor of the gun-lobby years ago?
So long as there are other countries out there giving your native leftists and moderates an example of what things could be like in a society where everyone wasn't armed to the teeth, you'll always have the more idealistic of them trying to make moves like this.

Bloomberg has been flipping out about guns this weekend after 46 people were shot in NYC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 06, 2011, 10:55:25 AM
For the contest, I haz:

AK-47
SKS-M
Walther PPK
Beretta 9mm

Are you trying to reshoot old Bond movies?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson