News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout: New Vegas

Started by Barrister, September 01, 2011, 09:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I just got to the Strip the other day with my second character post-buying all expansions.  I made several different choices along the way and it's like a totally different game.... tons of shit I missed the first time around (e.g. Veronica).  This game totally rocks. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on December 15, 2011, 10:59:30 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 15, 2011, 02:17:52 AM
leveled up in the hotel. killed the leader. taking a rest on the rollercoaster. Having a good time limiting my play on weekdays to an hour or so. (Sunday I played so long though, I had Fallout dreams all night.)

I have started a melee based char up, just cleared the Primm Hotel only armed with a 9-iron..."Fore!" :P

I've actually never tried my hands at a melee character. It may be just the trick I need to get back for another playthrough.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on December 15, 2011, 12:39:15 PM
I just got to the Strip the other day with my second character post-buying all expansions.  I made several different choices along the way and it's like a totally different game.... tons of shit I missed the first time around (e.g. Veronica).  This game totally rocks. :cool:

Check the imdb page. You'll be surprised who voices these people.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on December 15, 2011, 12:39:15 PM

Fisto > The Strip
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

leveled up in the hotel. killed the leader. taking a rest on the rollercoaster. Having a good time limiting my play on weekdays to an hour or so. (Sunday I played so long though, I had Fallout dreams all night.)

I have started a melee based char up, just cleared the Primm Hotel only armed with a 9-iron..."Fore!" :P

That's awesome.  love doing shit like that. I did the bigger kills a few different ways before moving on. I like to do a lot of takes sometime.
:p

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 18, 2011, 01:20:13 AM

That's awesome.  love doing shit like that. I did the bigger kills a few different ways before moving on. I like to do a lot of takes sometime.

My melee char is a big bearded brute, with only 3 Intelligence and 3 Charisma. Haven't so far not put a single point into Speech or Science, absolute not a people person...

Normally do I solve every thing with diplomacy, science and a sniper rifle. So it's very different from how I normally play...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

11B4V

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on December 19, 2011, 12:48:43 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 18, 2011, 01:20:13 AM

My melee char is a big bearded brute, with only 3 Intelligence and 3 Charisma. Haven't so far not put a single point into Speech or Science, absolute not a people person...

Normally do I solve every thing with diplomacy, science and a sniper rifle. So it's very different from how I normally play...
:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

BuddhaRhubarb

Man those deathclaws are bad ass in this game. Also really enjoy the Sniper game. Scopes are awesome. I think I want to go back and make a brute-ier character to get a better handle on melee combat... I went straight for guns guns guns in my first game.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 27, 2011, 01:29:04 PM
Man those deathclaws are bad ass in this game. Also really enjoy the Sniper game. Scopes are awesome. I think I want to go back and make a brute-ier character to get a better handle on melee combat... I went straight for guns guns guns in my first game.

Melee can be quite fun. The joy of sending Centurion flying up under roof of the Hoover dam turbine hall, after you have given him a uppercut with a Displacer glove. If the hit doesn't kill him the fall will...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Razgovory

They are releasing an "Ultimate" version next month, so unless they suddenly became Paradox I would guess that's it for the the DLCs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on December 27, 2011, 02:26:26 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 27, 2011, 01:29:04 PM

Melee can be quite fun. The joy of sending Centurion flying up under roof of the Hoover dam turbine hall, after you have given him a uppercut with a Displacer glove. If the hit doesn't kill him the fall will...

I never got into melee, though you've almost convinced me to give it another try.  I much prefer killing at range-- with either a sniper rifle or Annabelle w/ HE rockets.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 27, 2011, 05:34:14 PM
They are releasing an "Ultimate" version next month, so unless they suddenly became Paradox I would guess that's it for the the DLCs.

Speaking of DLC, I finished the last one (Lonesome Road) and thought it was pretty decent as far as the map, some of the quests, and weapons/equipment, but without giving away any spoilers the final confrontation felt anti-climactic and the back story that was revealed doesn't sound very well thought-out.  I had to go to the New Vegas wikia site to read it again & make sure I got the right conclusion, and even then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Solmyr

Worth getting it now on Steam for 5 yuros?

BuddhaRhubarb

I am 11th level now. Feel like I should be scoring better armour... but recently been scoring the caps I need. Looking forward to getting some power armour and going Wasteland hopping all New Years. Got in my supplies already :p

Razgovory

Quote from: Solmyr on December 31, 2011, 11:29:10 AM
Worth getting it now on Steam for 5 yuros?

How much is a Euro worth now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017