News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout: New Vegas

Started by Barrister, September 01, 2011, 09:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

My character is a Cowboy Shooting enthusiast.  Always wears a cowboy hat, uses .357 repeater and pistol.

Lots of fun.  Hard to kill some things, that's for damn sure.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on January 01, 2012, 01:26:41 PM
My character is a Cowboy Shooting enthusiast.  Always wears a cowboy hat, uses .357 repeater and pistol.

You need to steal the "Long Carabine" from that sniper at the airport, and get the guitar dude to give you the Mysterious Magnum.  I played a character like yours, and late-game I needed both of those weapons.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Octavian

Uhh I wan't to play a character like that...
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: grumbler on January 01, 2012, 01:45:09 PM

You need to steal the "Long Carabine" from that sniper at the airport, and get the guitar dude to give you the Mysterious Magnum.  I played a character like yours, and late-game I needed both of those weapons.

Trail carbine+scope, Mysterious Magnum and learn how to make .44 magnum SWC hand loads. Then you will be able to deal with 99% of the enemies you will encounter...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

grumbler

Quote from: Mr.Penguin link=topic=5837.msg357457Trail carbine+scope, Mysterious Magnum and learn how to make .44 magnum SWC hand loads. Then you will be able to deal with 99% of the enemies you will encounter...
My recollection is that the Trail Carbine isn't available until you get to fairly high levels.  Ditto for SWC rounds.

That is a strong combo, no question.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Octavian on January 01, 2012, 02:13:53 PM
Which mods should I get?
I liked Weapons Mod Kits Expanded, Bottle That Water, all the new interior mods, Project Freeside, and NVR-Strip.  The two New Vegas Bounties mods are kinda fun, especially the second one.  The best quest mod, though, is the Tales from the Burning Sands series.  Use the Type V body (or the Type 3, if you like bigger breasts).

Bayraktar!

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: grumbler on January 01, 2012, 03:06:28 PM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin link=topic=5837.msg357457Trail carbine+scope, Mysterious Magnum and learn how to make .44 magnum SWC hand loads. Then you will be able to deal with 99% of the enemies you will encounter...
My recollection is that the Trail Carbine isn't available until you get to fairly high levels.  Ditto for SWC rounds.

That is a strong combo, no question.

The Trail Carbine is available from around level 12 and the SWC hand loads can you learn early from Jules in North Vegas square. Can't remember if you need repair lvl 75 to make them after you have gone through the quest with Jules...

Razgovory

Think I may try this one again.  Never finished it, and haven't played any of the DLCs.  Only thing that bothered me is that graphics look a little dated and for some reason it feels like NPCs aren't really walking on the ground.  I don't know what it is, but it always seemed off.  Like their feet weren't connecting fully.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on January 01, 2012, 03:16:39 PM
The Trail Carbine is available from around level 12 and the SWC hand loads can you learn early from Jules in North Vegas square. Can't remember if you need repair lvl 75 to make them after you have gone through the quest with Jules...

Level 12 was about where I would finish, with my slowed-down advancement mod!  :lol:

I am pretty sure you have to have the hand-loader perk to make SWC, along with the tip from Jules, which needs a high speech and survivalist (or whatever it is called) rating.  I remember getting it once, and it really was sweet.

Bayraktar!

Octavian

Quote from: grumbler on January 01, 2012, 03:12:19 PM
Quote from: Octavian on January 01, 2012, 02:13:53 PM
Which mods should I get?
I liked Weapons Mod Kits Expanded, Bottle That Water, all the new interior mods, Project Freeside, and NVR-Strip.  The two New Vegas Bounties mods are kinda fun, especially the second one.  The best quest mod, though, is the Tales from the Burning Sands series.  Use the Type V body (or the Type 3, if you like bigger breasts).

Thanks but I'm an Ass man.  :P

I ended up getting Project Nevada, a texture mod with taller grass and some radio stations.

I have to say even without the texture mod the game looks a hell of a lot better on the PC than on the Xbox.

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

Mr.Penguin

An alternative set of weapons if you want to go cowboy: Lucky, a unique .357 mag revolver and the La Longue carbine. Lucky can be fund in a safe (lockpick 75), in the Bison Steve Hotel. the La Longue carbine is a bit more tricky to get as mentioned earlier, you can however get mod that gives you the rifle from the start...

Both weapons has relative low requirements, so they are a good alternative to players who don't wants put to many points into strength, in order to have a good weapon. They also both have a high crit multiplier as an added bonus...   

BuddhaRhubarb

My guy has become a bit of a laser rifle/plasma rifle geek... hunting down attachments. also Varmint Rifle still being used for sniping, it's modded all to hell.

That's one of my favorite features  is the gun/body modding etc...

This weekend I'm taking down more Gangs.... I'm randomly killing off all the smaller factions, for no good reason other than the joy of turning someone into a pile of green goo.
:p

Siege

I thought Vegas was an expansion for FO3....

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

sbr

Quote from: Siege on January 30, 2012, 08:55:42 PM
I thought Vegas was an expansion for FO3....

Nope whole seperate game.