News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout: New Vegas

Started by Barrister, September 01, 2011, 09:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

I was going to get it, but with all the DLC it's €35. FUCK THAT SHIT.

sbr

Quote from: Slargos on November 25, 2011, 03:39:36 PM
I was going to get it, but with all the DLC it's €35. FUCK THAT SHIT.

Should have got it yesterday when it was 75% off.

Slargos

Well it's their loss. I'm pirating it instead. :yeah:

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on November 25, 2011, 03:45:12 PM

Why are you poor?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on November 26, 2011, 02:33:36 AM
Quote from: Slargos on November 25, 2011, 03:45:12 PM

Why are you poor?

He's been downsized to selling kitchenettes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2011, 02:11:50 PM
Went ahead and grabbed it, but it won't launch. Just sits on the Steam "Preparing to launch..." dialogue box.
Are you starting it using the launcher or the exe?  Try switching.  Also, try it with the LAA mod installed: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35262
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on November 27, 2011, 06:03:07 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2011, 02:11:50 PM
Went ahead and grabbed it, but it won't launch. Just sits on the Steam "Preparing to launch..." dialogue box.
Are you starting it using the launcher or the exe?  Try switching.  Also, try it with the LAA mod installed: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35262

I actually tried it both ways.

Did the confirm cache thing, it said I had 1 bad file, and it would re-download it. Then I ran the checker again, said the same thing. So I assumed the problem must have been something to do with Steam.

Eventually fixed it by downloading new graphics drivers, and re-starting my system. Don't know if it was the grpahics driver or re-start that was the key though. Pretty strange bug.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 29, 2011, 11:04:16 AM
Starting to get back into this & just restarted a new character -- it took me a bit to configure the game on my new rig so that it doesn't crash on me every other time I change cells, but I think I've got it...

;)

I also just DL'd the "Lonesome Road" DLC.  Haven't had a chance to get there yet.  Still building up my PC.  For those of you that haven't Been There & Done That, my take on the DLC's:

Dead Money - Hate it, extremely tedious, can only play it now using some quasi-cheat mods that allow me to bring my PC's own equipment into the area

Honest Hearts - Like it, nice setting, interesting story line

Old World Blues - Loved it the first & only time that I went through it, but the beginning is sort of a Dialog Clickfest that I can see being annoying on subsequent play-throughs

Or something...
Got all the DLCs and agree with this assessment.

Lonesome Road didn't do it for me.  The motivation for the bad guy didn't make a whole lot of sense. The value of the loot there was ridiculous.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

I saw the Fallout3 GOTY at Wallmart and picked it up. Good choice?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 08, 2011, 07:59:44 PM
Depends on what you paid.  I thought it was a good game (not as good as FONV IMO, but others feel differently).

There are a ton of excellent mods for the game, if you got the PC version.  Install FO Wanderer's edition (which was good enough that Obsidion pretty much copied it entire and incorporated it into FONV), and play the various mods by Puce Moose (start with this one http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4730 and work down the list), as well as Quest for Heaven (first ione here: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10208).

Bayraktar!

BuddhaRhubarb

leveled up in the hotel. killed the leader. taking a rest on the rollercoaster. Having a good time limiting my play on weekdays to an hour or so. (Sunday I played so long though, I had Fallout dreams all night.)
:p

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 08, 2011, 07:59:44 PM

What grumbler said and it's worth the play.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 15, 2011, 02:17:52 AM
leveled up in the hotel. killed the leader. taking a rest on the rollercoaster. Having a good time limiting my play on weekdays to an hour or so. (Sunday I played so long though, I had Fallout dreams all night.)

I have started a melee based char up, just cleared the Primm Hotel only armed with a 9-iron..."Fore!" :P
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

MadImmortalMan

Don't advance on the main quest (ie-entering the Strip et al) too soon. Travel around a bit first or the game will seem too short.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers