News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

McDonald's No Longer #1

Started by jimmy olsen, March 07, 2011, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

:yes:
I want potato I go and get some chips instead.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Man i just woke up and now craving some fries, bastards!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Gups

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2011, 10:12:06 AM
Strange you don't get Taco Bell over here considering how big it seems to be over there. The first time I ever had a taco was just a year or two ago.

Taco Bell had a few stores in London in the 80s  but they didn't do very well and got shut down. They've just opened a couple more in Essex and have plans to expand.

Chilango in Fleet Street is pretty good for cheap, tasty burrittos

Grey Fox

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 08, 2011, 10:44:21 AM
Mostly, I'm just glad to see McDonald's get dethroned in at least one way.  It's a company that's completely built on market saturation; their burgers taste like crap and their french fries taste like grease.

I think you mean Salt, the friest they taste like salt.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

McD's over here is not too bad, but I don't like their regular stuff (except the beef wrap) and check what specials they have.

I greatly prefer BK which has several burgers I like (Steakhouse, Whoppers, Big King, Extra Long Chili Cheese ...). Plus, their fries are far superior.

I like KFC, but their range of choice is limited over here, and overpriced when compared to, say, BK.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 08, 2011, 11:47:14 AM
I think you mean Salt, the friest they taste like salt.

The Wendy's ones, yes.  All the local McD's, though... just grease.  Occasionally, grease with a hint of salt, but mostly just grease.  They're disgusting.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

I never had McD's in the US maybe it's more grease there?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on March 07, 2011, 08:37:02 PM
Quote from: stjaba on March 07, 2011, 08:30:13 PM
I find that's true for any franchise "on-site." The fast food places(Wendy's, Chik Fil-A, etc) on UF's campus are always inferior to the regular thing.
That reminds me of the Burger King we had at the student union in college.  One time I was there after class and this international student tried to order a "Whooper".

You hear Swedes doing that sometimes. It always makes me feel good for a couple of seconds. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

The fries in the Metro Cadet Mickey D's in Paris were pretty good.

Don't ask why I was eating at McDonald's in France.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I ate at a McDonald's in Genoa. :Embarrass:

I also at at one in London. :blush:

Actually, the latter admission is less embarassing, come to think of it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Definitely love McD's fries. The angus burgers they sell are pretty good too, but I prefer BKs burgers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on March 08, 2011, 06:09:17 PM
I ate at a McDonald's in Genoa. :Embarrass:

I also at at one in London. :blush:

Actually, the latter admission is less embarassing, come to think of it.
Why is it embarassing at all?  That's what fast food franchises are there for, so that you would know what you're getting when you're in unfamiliar areas. 

If I were in an unfamiliar city like Paris, I would defnitely not waste my time trying to figure out where I can eat there.  Why take the chance, when I know that I can walk into any Burger King in Paris and get the same Triple Stacker I can get in Jersey City.

Richard Hakluyt

It's better in France, you can get a beer or a glass of wine to wash it down with.

McDonalds is exceptionally good if you have a couple of grouchy and hungry kids sitting in the back of the car and you are touring France......or Italy.........or Germany...

In those circumstances a visit to a proper restaurant might well result in bloody mutiny................the subsequent court martials and hangings could cast a shadow on the rest of the trip  :(

So instead you pull in to the next set of golden arches and peace is restored. I've always wondered what adults without children are doing there though  :hmm:

citizen k

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 08, 2011, 06:32:58 PMI've always wondered what adults without children are doing there though  :hmm:

Reliving their childhoods?

DGuller

Quote from: citizen k on March 08, 2011, 06:35:44 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 08, 2011, 06:32:58 PMI've always wondered what adults without children are doing there though  :hmm:

Reliving their childhoods?
By bringing themselves much closer to death?  :huh: