News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

McDonald's No Longer #1

Started by jimmy olsen, March 07, 2011, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on March 07, 2011, 09:06:45 PM
When I ate meat, Italian subs were the shit.  I can't imagine not liking them.  Pepperoni and salami and provolone and peppers and so forth, what's not to enjoy?
My point was that they're not enjoyable when made by Subway. :P
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Subway food is horrible.  I tried their food many times.  They put so much stuff there that the result should be at least ok.  But somehow, the end result is always extremely disappointing.

I am biased when it comes to McDonald's.  There was a time when I genuinely thought that I would work for McDonald's for the rest of my life.  Not because I thought I would flip burgers when I grow up.  But because I thought in 20 year's time, McDonald's would be the sole employer in the whole world.   

Malthus

Quote from: Monoriu on March 08, 2011, 05:19:16 AM
Subway food is horrible.  I tried their food many times.  They put so much stuff there that the result should be at least ok.  But somehow, the end result is always extremely disappointing.

I am biased when it comes to McDonald's.  There was a time when I genuinely thought that I would work for McDonald's for the rest of my life.  Not because I thought I would flip burgers when I grow up.  But because I thought in 20 year's time, McDonald's would be the sole employer in the whole world.   

For most people, that's a horrifyingly distopian vision of the future ...  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on March 08, 2011, 08:44:27 AM
For most people, that's a horrifyingly distopian, yet delicious, vision of the future ...  ;)
:)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Taco Bell was the only restaurant to survive the Franchise Wars. Now all restaurants are Taco Bell.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Strange you don't get Taco Bell over here considering how big it seems to be over there. The first time I ever had a taco was just a year or two ago.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2011, 10:12:06 AM
Strange you don't get Taco Bell over here considering how big it seems to be over there. The first time I ever had a taco was just a year or two ago.
It's a conspiracy by the pharma industry.  They don't want to lose the lucrative laxatives market.

saskganesh

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 07, 2011, 08:35:21 PM
There's a Tim Hortons in the big Alliance Base in Afghanistan.

top lunch restaurant $ in Canada. Over McD and Subway.
humans were created in their own image

Syt

No Taco Bell's here, either. The only tacos I get are the ones I make myself (oddly, supermarkets have all the stuff necessary). Subway has less than 10 restaurants in Austria, but their target seems to be 160+ for 2015.  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Mostly, I'm just glad to see McDonald's get dethroned in at least one way.  It's a company that's completely built on market saturation; their burgers taste like crap and their french fries taste like grease.
Experience bij!

Josquius

Mcdonalds burgers are just...yeah...not sure they're even meat.
The fries though are good, prefer them to BK.
But I'm glad to see them be dethroned, I'm not a fan.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

I have a confession to make:  I have never in my life eaten at McDonalds (although I occasionally peed in their bathrooms, if the need was overwhelming).  Their food tastes so foul that I never had the urge to try it.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2011, 10:52:37 AM
I have a confession to make:  I have never in my life eaten at McDonalds (although I occasionally peed in their bathrooms, if the need was overwhelming).  Their food tastes so foul that I never had the urge to try it.

I'm going to assume you meant "'looks' so foul" or "'smells' so foul;" if you've never eaten there, how would you know what it tastes like?

Anyway, I can't believe you guys prefer Mickey D's fries over BK fries.  At least you can still taste the potato in the BK fries.  Both McDonald's and Wendy's have these nasty things that just taste like grease- I'm not even sure they're potato.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Grease is what makes french fries so good.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?