News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Just came back from Lincoln.  Good film.  Got excited when in the beginning of film two folks from Jefferson City talk to the President.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Breaking Dawn Part 2 is out on Amazon instant watchery and, more importantly, on Rifftrax.  THE FINAL CHAPTER!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2013, 07:46:04 PM
Breaking Dawn Part 2 is out on Amazon instant watchery and, more importantly, on Rifftrax.  THE FINAL CHAPTER!

I would rather eat dirt.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

True enough.  But as arguably the worst major films released in decades, and as incredibly strange pop cultural artifacts, they're prime riffing material.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2013, 07:52:28 PM
But as arguably the worst major films released in decades,

One who argues such is admitting to having seen them.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Yeah, I download the riff mp3s and listen to them on their own. :lol:

Also bear in mind that Korea was a pretty big fan of the books and to a (much lesser) degree the films.  Hell, so was Africa.  Sure, they're easily mocked (and how) by us cool kids, but these things were huge.  You gotta take part in the cultural conversation.
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 17, 2013, 07:54:52 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2013, 07:52:28 PM
But as arguably the worst major films released in decades,

One who argues such is admitting to having seen them.  :P

Easier said than done.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I went for the jailbait in the audience.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2013, 08:06:23 PM

Also bear in mind that Korea was a pretty big fan of the books and to a (much lesser) degree the films.  Hell, so was Africa.  Sure, they're easily mocked (and how) by us cool kids men, but these things were huge.  You gotta take part in the cultural conversation.

Not mocking them, just not interested. I suppose it's ok if your girlfriend had you watch them with her.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Plus Ashley Greene is the hottest white woman in Hollywood, at least in her Alice haircuts.  Wowsers.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 17, 2013, 08:27:13 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 17, 2013, 08:06:23 PM

Also bear in mind that Korea was a pretty big fan of the books and to a (much lesser) degree the films.  Hell, so was Africa.  Sure, they're easily mocked (and how) by us cool kids men, but these things were huge.  You gotta take part in the cultural conversation.

Not mocking them, just not interested. I suppose it's ok if your girlfriend had you watch them with her.

Well, if you don't like the most talented MST3K alumni at their finest, I guess there's no draw. -_-
Kinemalogue

Liep

Band of Brothers, 80 points of 85.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on March 17, 2013, 08:35:35 PM
Band of Brothers, 80 points of 85.

What was the deduction for?  Portrayal of Germans at the death camp as the bad guys?