And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on March 21, 2013, 07:12:51 AM
Latest Star Trek trailer.

LOL, use your ass for a floatation device in the event of a water landing.

CountDeMoney

As a culture, do we honestly need FIVE Fast & Furious movies?  Really?

garbon

Well we're getting six so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 08:35:37 PM

Truely a sad state of affairs.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Fast Five was actually pretty decent. Sometimes you just want a movie with lots of fast cars and explosions. /shrug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 21, 2013, 08:57:49 PM
Fast Five was actually pretty decent. Sometimes you just want a movie with lots of fast cars and explosions. /shrug

Decent is a very generous description.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2013, 09:00:54 PM

It was within 10% of the original. If that's not at least "decent" than what are you doing still watching them?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Cant agree more. It's..well...just crap. But it is what the 16-22 or so generation likes. Where I thought Red Dawn was utter crap, guess what, the 16 yo thought it was great. :rolleyes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

That was the first one I saw.

Josquius

Agreed.  It was alright. A bit annoying that some parts of the plot relied on a earlier shittier movie that I've never seen but meh, its not the sort of film you watch for the plot.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 20, 2013, 08:45:35 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 18, 2013, 06:57:13 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2013, 10:49:14 AM
[spoiler]Elle est attachée sur la chaise.[/spoiler]

Grammaire de Kevin... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: La bataille est déjà perdue.

Pour les Kevin kikoulol :smarty:... CQFD

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2013, 08:41:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 08:35:37 PM

Truely a sad state of affairs.
I dunno.  Every generation has their own things that they love way more than their parents do.  For my generation, it was Star Wars.  People a little older than me were writing letters to NBC to save Star Trek.  For grumbler, it was The Birth of a Nation, and so on.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2013, 08:36:54 PM
Well we're getting six so...
Many fans don't count #3 as legit, hence CDM's 5  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2013, 09:05:44 PM

Cant agree more. It's..well...just crap. But it is what the 16-22 or so generation likes. Where I thought Red Dawn was utter crap, guess what, the 16 yo thought it was great. :rolleyes:
our parents probably thought the same of the original Red Dawn :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.