Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on March 22, 2013, 08:42:57 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2013, 08:32:26 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 22, 2013, 08:05:15 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2013, 09:05:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2013, 09:00:54 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 21, 2013, 08:57:49 PM
Fast Five was actually pretty decent. Sometimes you just want a movie with lots of fast cars and explosions. /shrug

Decent is a very generous description.

Cant agree more. It's..well...just crap. But it is what the 16-22 or so generation likes. Where I thought Red Dawn was utter crap, guess what, the 16 yo thought it was great. :rolleyes:
our parents probably thought the same of the original Red Dawn :)

I dunno.  I do hope 11B explained to the kid that the 2012 Red Dawn is a work compromised by the ultimate moral cowardice, which is to say any consideration of the People's Republic of China whatsoever that does not involve prioritizing targets, thus making it automatically one of the weakest pieces of art ever produced by humankind.

Irrelevant to her. Really, no shit.

Oh, it's a gal?  Well, it's Chris Hemworth.  Nothing to done, although I'd suggest just watching Thor again.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2013, 08:52:58 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2013, 08:52:08 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on March 22, 2013, 08:33:33 PM
I would just like to say here that I have finally won the battle and have full cable in my house again.

I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH

Really?  I haven't had in a year and I'm perfectly fine.

Commie

It's been a while since I nationalized a show for the people's use.

I am gonna have some regrets if I don't get to see the new Venture Bros., but that's about it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on March 22, 2013, 08:43:21 PM
Who's Kevin?

Everything that's wrong with modern Germany.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Kleves

Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2013, 08:32:26 PM
I dunno.  I do hope 11B explained to the kid that the 2012 Red Dawn is a work compromised by the ultimate moral cowardice, which is to say any consideration of the People's Republic of China whatsoever that does not involve prioritizing targets, thus making it automatically one of the weakest pieces of art ever produced by humankind.
:thumbsup:

I just saw Olympus Has Fallen. It was fun for awhile (it is a cross between Air Force One and Die Hard - a Die Force One, if you will), but goes seriously off the rails in the second half - particularly with the introduction of the dumbest nuclear fail safe in history. Seriously, a system that just automatically nuked New York at the start of any war would be better than the one in this movie. 2 "oh, come on, they completely stole this entire scene from Die Hard" out of 5.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

If only Morgan Freeman were in the line of succession for continuity of government.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2013, 09:30:51 PM
If only Morgan Freeman were in the line of succession for continuity of government.

I'm pretty sure you 'murricans don't approve of atheists in government.

I'm also a bit baffled how it's always the open atheists who end up playing god in movies.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Who gives a shit? It's Morgan Fucking Freeman.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2013, 09:36:45 PM
Who gives a shit? It's Morgan Fucking Freeman.

I remember how Josiah Bartlett was getting 70%+ in approval ratings despite being a rampaging liberal. You'll vote for anybody who looks good on tv and hasn't said or done anything of consequence.

CountDeMoney

Josiah Bartlett was a badass.

Kleves

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2013, 09:30:51 PM
He a pretty terrible President in the movie (actually Speaker of the House, though he moves up to acting President for awhile). Spoilers: [spoiler]After North Korean terrorists take over the White House and take the President hostage, Freeman gives in to the terrorist's demands and orders US forces to leave South Korea. I guess we do negotiate with terrorists after all.[/spoiler]
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Eddie Teach

I thought he was President in a movie about earth getting hit by an asteroid?

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2013, 11:24:58 PM

He can't be a president in more than one movie? You and your damn quotas.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2013, 11:26:24 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2013, 11:24:58 PM

He can't be a president in more than one movie? You and your damn quotas.

ONE TERM LIMITS FOR ACTORS (Sorry, Ronnie)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on March 22, 2013, 11:20:39 PM
Spoilers: [spoiler]After North Korean terrorists take over the White House and take the President hostage, Freeman gives in to the terrorist's demands and orders US forces to leave South Korea. I guess we do negotiate with terrorists after all.[/spoiler]

Oh, now that's some seriously wrong bullshit right there.