Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2012, 08:02:35 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2012, 07:52:55 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2012, 07:47:15 AM
You guys still go to the movies? :blink:
Of course.  Why wouldn't we?

And it's not iMax, you Apple-fags.  IMAX is proper, but we'll also accept Imax.
Expensive, poorly maintained theatres, rooms full of Bluetooth talking assholes is not something I enjoy.
I live in Alberta, where everything is nice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Except, you know, the air & water.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

:thumbsup:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on August 15, 2012, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 15, 2012, 12:10:38 PM
Watched Dark Knight Rises at the iMax (thanks to the public holiday I could catch one of their awfully scheduled undubbed screenings).
ah! I see it's a generalized policy.  I don't fancy seeing a movie at 1:00am on tuesday :(

Not necessarily. In nearby Ivry-sur-seine there are original version screenings for the Dark Knight rises at 17.30 or 20.30 depending on the day. For IMAX 3D it was more like Tuesday and Thursday except the first weeks it's out.
Still expensive.

Syt

Well, I paid 12.50 which I thought was ok.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

11.50 if I book it on the web which I wll do, otherwise a staggering 14.50.

viper37

17$ here.  about 5$ more than regular movies.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

To give you an idea, going to the Champs-Elysées or some other intra-muros multiplex in the morning (from 9 to 12) would cost like 6 to 7 euros for a non-3D movie. Around 10 euros for the regular price though.

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2012, 08:02:35 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 16, 2012, 07:47:15 AM
You guys still go to the movies? :blink:
Of course.  Why wouldn't we?

Expensive, poorly maintained theatres, rooms full of Bluetooth talking assholes is not something I enjoy.

Stop being a snob.

Went to go see the Rifftrax simulcast of Manos: The Hands of Fate tonight.  The Rifftrax Live events are the best time you can have in a theater short of a blowjob.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Or what, you'll put me back in chains? :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:03:21 PM

What if they're sequined?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2012, 11:05:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2012, 11:03:21 PM

What if they're sequined?

Stop whispering sweet nothings to me.