TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Three Stooges.

I think it gave me a stroke.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

Bunraku.  I cannot figure out why I like this movie so much.  It is fucking terrible on so many levels. 

Maybe it's all the scenery chewing, the fact that Demi Moore isn't terrible, and the sheer balsiness of the whole idea.  It's a kitsch factory.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tonitrus

I channel surfed into "See No Evil, Hear No Evil".  A very passable Gene Wilder/Richard Pryor comedy...but man, the scene with Joan Severance coming out of the shower?  :mmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 17, 2012, 10:52:34 PM
I channel surfed into "See No Evil, Hear No Evil".  A very passable Gene Wilder/Richard Pryor comedy...but man, the scene with Joan Severance coming out of the shower?  :mmm:

LOL, Man, speaking of Wilder/Pryor comedies, I remember watching "Silver Streak" for the first time, Jill Clayburgh giving me a raging 3rd grade boner with her naughty Teacher n' Tupperware '70s look.  :lol:

Wilder kept getting thrown off the train.  :lol:

11B4V

Watching The Lost Battalion
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Watched a bit of The Postman.  Which commie faggit said this POS was good?

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2012, 02:18:05 AM

I said the book was good, but the movie was crap. Don't blame me.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2012, 02:18:05 AM

While I am a Costnerphile, all I said was I'd have fucked that little teenybopper postal girl.  YEAH I KNOW SHE WAS PROBABLY 14

Viking

What I said was

Quote from: Viking on May 28, 2012, 01:33:47 AM
If a post 1990 non-western Kevin Costner project doesn't have a Baseball Bat or Sean Connery in it it is crap; basta.

though, on retrospect The Untouchables would have been better if Sean Connery had had a baseball bat rather than a shotgun.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on August 18, 2012, 04:48:37 AM
If a post 1990 non-western Kevin Costner project doesn't have a Baseball Bat or Sean Connery in it it is crap; basta.

Nonsense.  :mad: "Thirteen Days" was pure ahistorical nukular awesomeness, "The Guardian" was cool as shit, and both "Message In a Bottle" and "The Upside of Anger" were big ol' doses of sweet dreaminess. :wub: Squee.  Mew.

And he will dignify Zach Snyder's new Superman movie by his mere presence.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 18, 2012, 04:55:49 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 18, 2012, 04:48:37 AM

Nonsense.  :mad: "Thirteen Days" was pure ahistorical nukular awesomeness,
"The Guardian" was cool as shit, and both "Message In a Bottle" and "The Upside of Anger" were big ol' doses of sweet dreaminess. :wub: Squee.  Mew.

And he will dignify Zach Snyder's new Superman movie by his mere presence.

The Guardian? Message In a Bottle?

You had me going there with 13 Days for a second.... but then Message In a Bottle ffs?

If Jonathan Kent is gets to hold a baseball bat then the movie will work, you heard it here first.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on August 18, 2012, 05:07:27 AM
The Guardian? Message In a Bottle?

You had me going there with 13 Days for a second.... but then Message In a Bottle ffs?

:P

QuoteIf Jonathan Kent is gets to hold a baseball bat then the movie will work, you heard it here first.

Or at least a double-barrel shotgun.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 18, 2012, 05:15:06 AM

Or at least a double-barrel shotgun.

Jonathan Kent? Unpossible.

CountDeMoney

All I know is, they better get General Zod right.  You don't fuck with a Terence Stamp role.