News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Better Call Saul S4E2- Why oh why does he always talk himself out of things :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

I had a terrible dream that they were remaking Papillon.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on August 23, 2018, 01:30:50 PM
I had a terrible dream that they were remaking Papillon.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5093026/

I hope it was not this one.  :P

The Brain

Day of the Dead: Bloodline. Man with Hitler hairdo and insane number of antibodies is creeping on medical student. Enter the Zombie Apocalypse. Years later they have a date with destiny in an underground military facility. OK zombie fare. Note: [spoiler]There is no lesbian sex.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Rewatching Band of Brothers. As you all know it's pretty damn great, so I won't rehash the praise here. But for some reason I found myself thinking about how the Eastern front version of it would be. Damian Lewis would play the unit's political commissar, and we'd probably need a cast of hundreds as the unit gets killed off in every major battle.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on August 24, 2018, 06:11:11 AM
Rewatching Band of Brothers. As you all know it's pretty damn great, so I won't rehash the praise here. But for some reason I found myself thinking about how the Eastern front version of it would be. Damian Lewis would play the unit's political commissar, and we'd probably need a cast of hundreds as the unit gets killed off in every major battle.

"Generation War"

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2018, 10:25:09 AM
Quote from: celedhring on August 21, 2018, 05:10:28 AM
I wouldn't give up on it. Futurama needed time before it found its stride too.

I don't know, I thought the first few episodes of Futurama were good. I mean yes the series got better but there was plenty there that was entertaining.

:yes:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I thought for a German point of view of that, Cross of Iron was pretty good.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on August 24, 2018, 07:02:46 AM

I thought for a German point of view of that, Cross of Iron was pretty good.

If you don't have time for a full movie, this also gives the German POV on the Eastern Front:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

I'm rewatching that too...I'm at the Battle of the Bulge right now. Had to look back to see when this was made, first episode aired a couple days before 9-11!

And yes, an Eastern Front one would be cool.
Civis Romanus Sum

The Brain

P. Girl from remote village heads to Bangkok to make money and ends up in a bar of ill repute. The magic she learnt from her grandmother comes in handy, but using magic carelessly means waking dark forces. It gets a bit silly towards the end but the first half is totally OK. Plenty of dancing half-naked Thai chicks for those who are into that sort of thing. Notes: The movie is in Foreign. The chick is cute. [spoiler]There is no lesbian sex, but there is a light lesbian kiss followed by some playful wrestling.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on August 23, 2018, 07:12:33 AM
Better Call Saul S4E2- Why oh why does he always talk himself out of things :hmm:

The job selling copiers? Who gives a shit?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Yeah, that bit was mostly about setting up the fact that he won't settle at being a working schlub...he won't be happy unless he is conning big game for himself.