News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Just saw something I've never seen before. A split open bag of spaghetti on the baggage claim carousel. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on August 27, 2018, 06:39:18 AM
Just saw something I've never seen before. A split open bag of spaghetti on the baggage claim carousel. :hmm:

Any lesbian sex?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I thought it was a good film. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Got to the end of Disenchanted.

It spent 7 episodes kind of spinning its wheels, I guess in order to "get to know the characters", but they weren't all that interesting to get to know.

Then the last 3 it finally leans into serialized storytelling and plot development happens through the wazoo, leaving on a cliffhanger.  Well it certainly has me wanting to see what happens next.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Is that an overall recommend then?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

I've started binge watching Episodes. Very funny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I got to episode 5, and I thought it was quite funny (where Bean is told to get "a real job".)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on August 28, 2018, 01:52:14 AM
Is that an overall recommend then?

I, I... think so?

Depends of course on what you think of Futurama (and to a lesser degree Simpsons).  If Futurama does nothing for you stay far, far away.  And as I mentioned those first seven episodes weren't great.  They DID have some funny lines scattered about in there.  But mostly they just seemed like a standard sitcom - where everything goes goes right back to the beginning by the end of the episode.  Not that there's anything wrong with sitcoms!  It just wasn't funny enough on its own.

And the characters kind of bugged me.  Is Bean supposed to be an admirable person, or is she just a drunken screw-up?  Is King Zog supposed to be a Homeric (as in Simpson) loveable father and king who tries but often fails, or is he just a tyrant in pursuit of immortality?  And is Luci the demon just pure evil, or does he have a heart somewhere - and who exactly sent him?  And whats up with Queen Oona, and Odval?

Then out of nowhere the show revvs up, starts answering the plot points it introduced then mostly let lie fallow since the first episode, starts laying out tons of back-story and gives a bunch of character development.

Now it leaves things in a place where the first few episodes of next season could probably just hit a giant re-set button and have everything back the way they were.  To some extent that will almost certainly happen.  But if Dreamland isn't changed to some degree by what happened I doubt I'll watch further.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Liking this season of Better Call Saul a lot. Though it pulls you a bit out of the episode when you think, "Isn't that Neelix?"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2018, 12:04:13 PM
Liking this season of Better Call Saul a lot. Though it pulls you a bit out of the episode when you think, "Isn't that Neelix?"

I had a little bit of that in reverse watching Beverly Hills Cop last night (with a very young Ehrmantraut).

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 28, 2018, 12:32:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2018, 12:04:13 PM

I had a little bit of that in reverse watching Beverly Hills Cop last night (with a very young Ehrmantraut).

You want young Jonathan Banks?

https://youtu.be/ewIUeSgPo70?t=22

:P
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Ready Player One.  What a mess of random things happening with some vague plot and loot.  Reminds me of WoW the game :D

Despite a compelling performance by Mark Rylance, this failed miserably.

Josquius

Avengers Infinity War- its ok. Has its moments. Sadly ruined by memes. What's with the white Wakandans?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Perdida. Lady cop's best friend disappeared in Patagonia when they were young, and now she reopens the case. Totally OK, kept me interested. Notes: There are some hot chicks. The movie is in Foreign. [spoiler]There is no lesbian sex, but a light lesbian kiss.[/spoiler]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I was finally able to get myself to finish Handmaids Tale S2.
Well that was stupid.
██████
██████
██████