Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2017, 05:48:01 PM
In the book, Hooper fucked Brody's wife.  Guess Spielberg felt that plot point would impact pace.

And there was a fairly prominent subplot about organized crime.  I can see why it got cut;  it didn't really change anything.  Also, Hooper died in the book.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on July 06, 2017, 08:22:34 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2017, 05:48:01 PM
In the book, Hooper fucked Brody's wife.  Guess Spielberg felt that plot point would impact pace.

And there was a fairly prominent subplot about organized crime.  I can see why it got cut;  it didn't really change anything.  Also, Hooper died in the book.

I don't recall the organized crime angle, but then again, I read it in 6th grade.  That's 1981 for you kids scoring at home.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2017, 08:13:09 PM
And you know his ass watched Touched By An Angel, because he was too lazy to change the channel after 60 Minutes.

Or because Roma Downey was a HOTTie bonnie lass.

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 06, 2017, 10:19:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2017, 08:13:09 PM
And you know his ass watched Touched By An Angel, because he was too lazy to change the channel after 60 Minutes.

Or because Roma Downey was a HOTTie bonnie lass.
Met her years later.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Ed titty-fucked Della Reese once.  Doesn't talk about it much.

viper37

Jurassic Park I
Scientists refuses to acknowledge Faith, demand proofs that humans and dinosaurs can coexists.  Mayhem and disaster ensues.  Lots of people die.  It seems that artificially recreating very intelligent predators that are only held in place by an electric fence and would likely escape if said fence lost power was a very bad idea.

Jurassic Park II
Hipper liberal tree huggers interfere with a valid mission to provide wealth for shareholders.  Mayhem and disaster ensures.  Lots of people die.  Mercenaries are revealed to be extremely tough when facing unarmed civilians but totally helpless against prehistoric predators.

Jurassic Park III
Under the pretense of distributing shareholders wealth, two fakerich coerce an honest, loyal to God, scientist into serving as a tour guide on a dangerous island inhabited by viscious, gigantic and intelligent prehistoric predators.
Mayhem ensues, people die.

Seriously, this one is likely the most ridiculous of the 3.  Well, the first one was great.  Even the CGI didn't look that outdated.  But #3 tops it all.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

You need to watch Jurassic World too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 07, 2017, 10:55:22 AM
You need to watch Jurassic World too.
seen it, but I haven't had the Blu Ray yet.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2017, 01:14:40 AM
Ed titty-fucked Della Reese once.  Doesn't talk about it much.

U Jelly.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on July 07, 2017, 10:39:37 AM
Jurassic Park I
Scientists refuses to acknowledge Faith, demand proofs that humans and dinosaurs can coexists.  Mayhem and disaster ensues.  Lots of people die.  It seems that artificially recreating very intelligent predators that are only held in place by an electric fence and would likely escape if said fence lost power was a very bad idea.

Jurassic Park II
Hipper liberal tree huggers interfere with a valid mission to provide wealth for shareholders.  Mayhem and disaster ensures.  Lots of people die.  Mercenaries are revealed to be extremely tough when facing unarmed civilians but totally helpless against prehistoric predators.

Jurassic Park III
Under the pretense of distributing shareholders wealth, two fakerich coerce an honest, loyal to God, scientist into serving as a tour guide on a dangerous island inhabited by viscious, gigantic and intelligent prehistoric predators.
Mayhem ensues, people die.

Seriously, this one is likely the most ridiculous of the 3.  Well, the first one was great.  Even the CGI didn't look that outdated.  But #3 tops it all.

Where, exactly, are you getting the whole "Faith" and "loyal to God" angles from? 
Are you that snotty of a petulant douchebag Euroweenie atheist that you're actually seeing something that isn't there? Oh, wait;  yeah, you are.

celedhring

Hot Tub Time Machine - it's Back to the Future meets Porky's. It's not very good, and one thinks they missed a trick by not actually trying to give this thing a little more soul, character development is decidedly a nuisance for the filmmakers, getting in the way of boob and dick jokes. Still, laughs were had and the callback to 1980s sex comedies does work from time to time - although it made me think I could be watching Revenge of the Nerds instead. Harmless, I guess.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney link=topic=4507.msg1091695#msg1091695
Where, exactly, are you getting the whole "Faith" and "loyal to God" angles from? 
Are you that snotty of a petulant douchebag Euroweenie atheist that you're actually seeing something that isn't there? Oh, wait;  yeah, you are.
petulant douchebag, maybe, atheist certainly, but certainly not Euroweenie!

they constantly talk of God, playing God, etc in the 1st movie :)