News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on July 05, 2017, 02:08:34 AM
Screw you BB, I thought I had banished the Spiderpig song from my mind and now it's all rushing back.

:D

Spiderpig was my kids favourite part.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on July 05, 2017, 07:44:57 AM
Quote from: celedhring on July 05, 2017, 02:08:34 AM
Screw you BB, I thought I had banished the Spiderpig song from my mind and now it's all rushing back.

:D

Spiderpig was my kids favourite part.

Of course, because he does whatever a spiderpig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't, because he's a pig.

Oh f---  <_<

Scipio

The Last Kingdom is surprisingly good. Last time I tried to watch it I couldn't get into it. But now, it's quite tolerable. I think that watching garbage has made me a little more forgiving on this.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Duque de Bragança

Just watching a bit of the first episode of the Persuaders.
First re-run since Roger Moore died. :(

CountDeMoney

Hey Ed, Highway To Heaven is now on Netflix.  You know you watched it.  So did you, 11B.  You all watched it.

CountDeMoney

I've decided I'm just going to run out the clock being a big Victor French slobbo.  Or maybe Joe Don Baker.  I just don't give a shit anymore.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 05, 2017, 10:39:49 PM
Hey Ed, Highway To Heaven is now on Netflix.  You know you watched it.  So did you, 11B.  You all watched it.

I listened to Highway to Hell instead.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Jaws (1975)

My wife had never seen this before.  She left nail mark in my arms at the severed head scene.  :pinch:

This was at the revival house.  The shark, when out of water, is remarkably lame on the big screen.  Other than that the second half of the movie was much better in that format.

This was before everyone and his dog was put in the credits of a film, so the end credits took only about a minute and were followed with a little advertisement to visit Universal Studios.  I thought that was amusing.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2017, 03:21:27 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 04, 2017, 03:10:00 PM
Lego Batman- Meh, as an adult I'm not exactly it's target audience, but still, I expected more.

I thought it was pretty good for a kids movie.

Mostly it's in the many, many, many easter eggs.  "Like that time with the parade and the Prince music?"

I liked how Ninjitsu :ph34r:  was one of Barbara Gordon's pillars to fighting crime.

I thought Lego Batman was great.  GOB Bluth did a wonderful parody of Christian Bale's and Ben Affleck's joyless and overly-growly interpretation of Batman.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on July 06, 2017, 03:07:43 PM
Jaws (1975)

My wife had never seen this before.  She left nail mark in my arms at the severed head scene.  :pinch:

This was at the revival house.  The shark, when out of water, is remarkably lame on the big screen.  Other than that the second half of the movie was much better in that format.

This was before everyone and his dog was put in the credits of a film, so the end credits took only about a minute and were followed with a little advertisement to visit Universal Studios.  I thought that was amusing.

When Jaws first came out I was eight, and so naturally did not see it - but soon heard all about it.

The funny part: that summer, my dad was working at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Wood's Hole, MA - the same place that the fictional scientist in the movie came from.  :lol:

Naturally, every time we swam in the ocean there, some mention was made of giant sharks ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

I didn't know you had lived in the US. How long was it?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

In the book, Hooper fucked Brody's wife.  Guess Spielberg felt that plot point would impact pace.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 05, 2017, 10:39:49 PM

yuck
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Yeah Seedy, He was clearly a touched by an Angel guy.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

And you know his ass watched Touched By An Angel, because he was too lazy to change the channel after 60 Minutes.