News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Garbage - Even Though Our Love Is Doomed
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

I'm not watching the new Ghostbusters movie.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2016, 08:48:48 PM

Yeah, I guess we can just count you out of everything, Hudson.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2016, 08:50:37 PM

Kind of with Ed on this one. Ill watch it if it comes out on Prime.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

I heard it was really good. But yeah I don't really see movies that much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on July 19, 2016, 09:13:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2016, 08:50:37 PM

Kind of with Ed on this one. Ill watch it if it comes out on Prime.

You're missing out - it was pretty good.

But it wasn't super-amazing-can't-miss-it.  If you don't want to watch it, don't.  But if you're worried, the movie didn't make a big deal at all about it being women ghostbusters.  There was precisely one, very brief, joke about the internet reaction to the idea of women ghostbusters.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Unlike some of you, I don't have an aversion to see movies featuring people that pee sitting down; The Heat was funny as fuck.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2016, 10:04:03 PM
Unlike some of you, I don't have an aversion to see movies featuring people that pee sitting down; The Heat was funny as fuck.

Yes it was and point being?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Even if it is good (and I expected shit) I can't get that jacked up about a remake.

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 19, 2016, 10:06:06 PM
Even if it is good (and I expected shit) I can't get that jacked up about a remake.

Plus, the trailers/clips I've seen weren't funny.  Not a good sign for a comedy.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on July 15, 2016, 05:41:52 AM
Batman vs Superman. Bad, but I actually expected worse given the reviews. And by that I mean it's like a D- instead of an F. Luthor was horribly grating, Batman's "character arc" and relationship with Supes is stupid, Superman has the acting prowess of a stone bust, the movie is full of plot-holes and head-scratching idiotic plot points (like [spoiler]how the world believes Superman killed a bunch of African rebels that were mowed down by gunfire  :huh:[/spoiler]). But there's a modicum of entertainment to be had.

I'm actually kinda looking forward Affleck directing a Batman flick though. I love him as a director and his portrayal of Batman wasn't too bad despite the terribleness of the script.

I hear that a lot of the plot holes are self induced because of the editing, and the extended director's cut is much more coherent.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: dps on July 19, 2016, 10:41:40 PM

Plus, the trailers/clips I've seen weren't funny.  Not a good sign for a comedy.

Movie was better than the trailers (which admittedly weren't good).

But that's perhaps a good thing - too many comedy trailers put all the best bits in the trailer, leaving the entire movie something of a let-down.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2016, 10:04:03 PM

Women aren't funny.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: dps on July 19, 2016, 10:41:40 PM

Everybody I know who has seen it so far has liked it so take that for what its worth.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."