And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on July 25, 2016, 10:34:14 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 25, 2016, 12:16:54 AM

unlike previous Star Trek series, this one would feature LGBTQ characters.

:rolleyes:

Please, numerous fan fictions have already proven definitively that the original series already featured LGBTQ characters.

:P ;)

Indeed, the relationship between Kirk and Spock alone spans all of the colors of the rainbow - including some only visible to bees.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Thought i had posted this already :hmm:

I watched x men apocolpyse.
Is it just me or is this film less of a big deal than its predecessors? There just hasn't been much buzz about it at all.
It's. ...Meh.  Feels a bit rushed.
Even the Quicksilver scene....too much of a "people loved that in the first film so let's do it bigger and better". It made me laugh a little but the effects just weren't great.
Fun to see Jubilee.  Albeit ugly and unnamed. Just randomly there, which will confuse those who never watched the cartoon or read comics to no end. Then she vanishes.
I wonder. Americans.  How was Jean Greys accent? Struck me as off.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Savonarola

Ice Age: Collision Course (2016)

A comedy with all the laughs of a Russian novel (and despite the 90 minute run time seems as long.)  This one has Scrat still searching for his acorn through the deepest reaches of space while playing havoc with the ice age world.  The gang reunites and goes on a zany adventure to save their world and we all learn a valuable lesson at the end.  This was so dull and so bad that I find myself now in favor of global warming.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Superman v Batman. They said it was horrible. They were right. The dialogue was cheesy, the fighting scenes either ridiculous or poorly choreographed, Superman is still boring, the director still loves wanton destruction. 3 hours. 3 HOURS! And it was never fun.

Wonder Woman is hot though, Jeremy Irons did a good Alfred.

Will there be more colour in the spin off movies? I hope so because it sure as shit is dreary to look at.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Watching the HBO Limited Series(tm) "The Night Of."

"If you want to do Jew time, do a Jew crime."

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2016, 02:02:41 PM
American remake of Peep Show coming  :hmm:
http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/peep-show-to-be-adapted-for-american-audiences.html?mid=twitter_vulture#
What is it with americans and an inability to just enjoy brilliant british originals. :(
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

What is it with whiny Brits? Srsly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Anyway, the originally didn't seem very good so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on July 28, 2016, 04:23:46 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2016, 02:02:41 PM
American remake of Peep Show coming  :hmm:
http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/peep-show-to-be-adapted-for-american-audiences.html?mid=twitter_vulture#
What is it with americans and an inability to just enjoy brilliant british originals. :(

They remake everything. Also, pop culture reference of Britain fall flat in the USA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on July 28, 2016, 09:25:45 AM

My parents could watch this over and over again....and still find it funny,
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on July 28, 2016, 09:26:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 28, 2016, 09:25:45 AM

My parents could watch this over and over again....and still find it funny,

I used to watch it with my grandmother as a kid. It was funny.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point