News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on May 25, 2016, 03:42:02 PM
Fucking hell, Rick and Morty has an entire episode that's a parody of Zardoz. How did that happen?  :lol:

Zardoz well deserves a parody, not to mention a thorough Ide review. :)

Liep

Quote from: Brazen on March 29, 2016, 09:16:53 AM
It was the last episode of Night Manager on Sunday. Do yourselves a favour and watch it if you haven't already. Brilliant story and great acting the very best in British talent. And Tom Hiddleston frequently shirtless and/or wet  :goodboy:

I liked it very much, Olivia Colman is as excellent as she is in Broadchurch and Tom Hollander, otherwise known as The Fucker, is perfect as The Fucker in this one too.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Fucking hell, Rick and Morty has an entire episode that's a parody of Zardoz. How did that happen?  :lol:

The creators of R&M just love Zardoz. They claim it as a major influence.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Quote from: Malthus on May 26, 2016, 10:39:18 AM

The creators of R&M just love Zardoz. They claim it as a major influence.  :)

Just finished binging the entire first season. I love this show, so hilarious in such random and twisted ways  :lol:

Love the shitloads of sci-fi/fantasy film references and parodies too, right up my alley. Like the love potion episode where they called the mutants "cronenbergs"  :D

Admiral Yi

Caught about half of Jurassic World last night.  I got the impression they made this movie with the airplane market in mind.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2016, 07:02:33 PM
Caught about half of Jurassic World last night.  I got the impression they made this movie with the airplane market in mind.

It had Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Captain America civil war
1: spiderman!!!1111 very cool for some reason. Though looked  a bit fake at times.
2: long. Lost track of who the main villain guy was.
3: why the captain America name for the movie?
4: ant man was just lame. He looked wrong. Didn't fit.
5: did they introduce war machine to the universe too early? The dynamic of two iron men was just....meh
6: hawk became cool
7: the cap-iron man fight should have been better. More of an emphasis on how outclassed cap was and how stark was really trying not to hurt him
8: more please
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

War Machine has been in the Marvel movies since the first Iron Man one.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on May 27, 2016, 11:18:15 AM
War Machine has been in the Marvel movies since the first Iron Man one.
Which is my issue
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Here's a tissue for it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Star Wars: A New Hope, in a single image - the whole movie.

Enjoy!

http://swanh.net/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: The Brain on May 27, 2016, 02:04:00 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2016, 07:02:33 PM

It had Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?

^_^
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

Just watched the last reel of Mad Max so stoned I feel like I'm tripping. 

Celery Ring, vato, chico,

My cinemas thesis: The two greatest Aussie movies ever made--Romper Stomper and Mad Max: Ride of the Valkyries--have been phenomenally enjoyable speed trips.  Certainly some insight about the Australian national character can be derived from that pattern.

Capetan Mihali

Huh, never even heard of Romper Stomper.  The synopsis makes it sound like a Strayan American History X that beat the other movie to the punch (so to speak).
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)